Chapter 1- Routine

The days grew hotter as the month neared its end. The fresh young leaves that had grown in March were now a brilliant shade of green and ready to provide some much needed shade for the summer.

Two years had passed since Eli's first year, now a fourth year student at Magia Academy, much more mature and adapted to the culture that was rich and filled with magic.

Rolling over in his bed, he smiled when he saw the fluttering eyelashes of his husband. He stretched his hand out and ran a hand through his hair that had gotten slightly longer over the years and smiled when he saw his ring glint in the sunlight.

He moved his hand to his husband's bare chest, toying with the necklace that he had gifted him on their first date and had swapped with him on their wedding day.

"Eli, why are you so far away?"

The deep and groggy morning voice startled Eli. Javier smiled to himself, not even having to open his eyes to know his lover was blushing at being caught ogling him.

He swung his hand over Eli's waist and pulled him closer, enjoying the feeling of his lean naked body against his while throwing a leg over him as well, surrounding the other man with his warmth.

"You're such a cuddler."

"And you love it." Javier said as he pressed a kiss to Eli's head. Eli did love it, he loved it a lot.

"I do, but I love you more."

"I think I love you more."

"No."

"Yes."

"Agree to disagree?"

"No, I love you more." Javier grinded his naked lower half onto the boy to emphasize his point. Eli gasped and pinched his arm.

"No way, I'm still sore." Javier smirked and started to suckle on the man's neck as he lowered his hand and ghosted it above Eli's waist, the heat stirring up his body.

A loud crash had them pulling apart quickly, in fear of getting caught.

"He's awake." Eli said as he pulled away from Javier, leaving the comfort of the blankets and throwing sweatpants over his nude body.

Javier groaned and threw his head back into the pillow which made Eli laugh out loud as he went into the bathroom, quickly brushing his teeth to go greet his bedbadger.

He went straight to the kitchen, knowing that was exactly where Aurum would be headed for first.

The aroma of bacon and pancakes made its way to Eli's nose, making the man's belly rumble slightly.

"Aurum, you know I make the breakfast."

"I'm hungry and you were busy with da." Aurum said smirking. His gold eyes glinted as he took a piece of bacon between his teeth.

"Shoo. Out, out, out." Eli said flustered, gesturing for Aurum to leave from around the pot that was shooting hot grease. Aurum was becoming a bit too mature for his liking. He cursed under his breath when a some oil hit his hand.

Whatever happened to his boy that enjoyed silence, cuddled on him and never talked back to him? Time and freakish dragon genes did.

Technically Aurum was 2 years old, but mentally he was around 17, while physically if not for his baby face one would think him a full grown adult, which was why they had enrolled him into the acdemy along side them.

About two months after the whole Fidem situation Aurum had a growth spurt. He was actually taller than Eli now, pushing on Javier's 6'6 height, with Eli standing at 6'2 now.