Chapter 6- Brothers

The dark clouds shrouded the air in tension that could be felt by everyone on the island. It wasn't everyday that they experienced bad weather like this.

This Staurday differed in many ways from the normal. The first instance would be the absence of Aurum from Eli's apartment room.

"Where's Aurum?"

"I think he went out about an hour ago."

"Did he say where?"

"No, why? Is there something wrong?"

"I'm not sure."

The second instance would be that that was the first time in two years that Eli had felt that something bad was coming, a bad pit had set in his stomach and he had an idea of what was causing it.

Which led to the third difference in that abnormal Saturday. Aurum had left without having breakfast, and if there was one thing that Eli knew, it was that Aurum was a glutton.

So for Aurum to skip anything involving food it would mean that Aurum was dealing with something serious. That, paired with the chill Eli had was enough to convince him to set out and find the dragon, luckily they were bonded by soul so Aurum could never really hide.

He had to find Aurum, and fast.

"I'm going for him, I have a bad feeling."

Eli quickly teleported out of the apartment not waiting on a reply from his husband. He teleported to where he could feel him closest on the island right now, which was out in the woods, the very forest where they had found him.

This was not good, something was wrong.

He could feel Aurum close but there was something else, something... interfering. He quickly started to make his way through the forest, careful not to aggravate any wildlife and create more unnecessary problems for himself.

Then he felt it. Magic. Someone was using magic and it was strong from what Eli could tell so he sprinted in the direction pushing magicules from his body to act as an sonar to gather much needed information.

There were two magic sources within the next 300 meters from what he could tell and they probably were aware of his presence now that he'd sent his magicules that far out.

Out of no where a scorching blast of fire came directly towards Eli as he jumped to the side to avoid certain death.

A deafening roar echoed through the forest and Eli only hoped that the sound didn't carry throughout the entire island becuase the town was only a few minutes away.

He slowly crawled up on all fours towards the two sources that were clearly fighting, peeking past a bush and his eyes widened at the sight he witnessed.

Mr. Donia was battling a dragon, but not just any dragon, it was Aurum.

It had been months since Aurum last took on his dragon form and he was far more massive now than before.

Aurum stood at 9 feet tall, only a mere juvenile dragon and already bigger than any other dragonic species in the realm. This was only a testament to how powerful he would become and it made Eli painfully aware of how dangerous Aurum was.

Aurum's wings were tightly tucked to his sides and his blood red scales vibrated as he conjured another blast of fire and shot it at Mr. Donia who opened a portal right before it hit him, redirecting it towards the sky.

"Aurum!"

Eli's voice caught the attention of both the dragon and teacher but Eli was surprised when Aurum paid him no mind and continued to attack Mr. Donia who continued to try and faithfully evade his attacks.