Chapter 17- Mephistopheles

Alaric didn't have time to react when he felt the magic stir in the air. He was suddenly thrown back by a massive blast, the syringe flying from his outstretched hand and shattering on the ground.

Eli made quick work of the Eskai holding his husband captive by lobbing its head off with his spear. He could feel Tact's power running through him and he was quickly getting high on it, his earlier fatigue non-existent.

He caught Javier before he fell to the ground and laid him on his back before pointing his blue eyes to Fullman that was attempting to stand from the earlier attack.

Ileana had finally finished destroying Fullman's minions, as Michaelson worked on healing the principal. Their attention was on their student who was now boasting electric blue tattoos that mirrored his eye colour.

They'd never felt power like this in their lives.

Alaric finally managed to get back onto his feet, but immediately coughed up a bit of blood and the man snarled before opening a portal to his side. He was avoiding having to play this card but he would die if he didn't.

Eli wasn't going to give him any opportunities and closed the distance between them, landing a punch that sent Alaric flying once more before creating a water dragon and sent it flying towards the man.

He narrowed his eyes when it exploded into a thick steam, attempting to see what had transpired.

"Al, it's been a while, I was beginning to think you forgot about our little contract." Eli was momentarily distracted when he glimpsed an image of Aurum running to Javier's aid.

He held out a heavily glowing tattooed arm, before quickly sending strong gusts winds to clear the battlefield and he watched the scene before him with calculating eyes.

A man, or rather a being with the form of man was haunched over Alaric's body with a small smile on his face before he threw Eli a glance, his serpentine yellow eyes holding Eli's gaze and sending a chill down his spine.

Eli wasn't sure what that thing was but he was sure it was capable of killing most of the people here, possibly even him so he quickly linked to Aurum to get the others to safety.

I'm not leaving you again.

Eli gritted his teeth when the words rang through his head but he didn't have time to argue when the thing disappeared from his view. There was no trail of magicules for Eli to even attempt to follow. It was as if it had never been there.

He saw Alaric rising to his feet before his head suddenly snapped back at the punch the unknown assailant had landed on him before he could notice.

It whistled out loud before landing another blow that was too fast for Eli to even see that sent him flying towards Aurum's direction, crashing into a wall.

"That's one tough cookie Al." It murmured rubbing it's slightly bruised knuckles. "How can I serve you today?"

"I didn't call for you Mephistopheles." Alaric said as he glared at the demon. It had been decades since he last saw the demon.

"I know but I was bored Al, and this seemed more fun." Mephisto flung his arm over Alaric's shoulder and started rubbing at the human's dark hair.

Alaric sighed. Mephisto had taken a male form this time and he still looked so different from the previous, where last time his hair was cut short, blond and curly it was totally the opposite now to the straight waist-length raven black hair he was sporting.

His eyebrows were more slanted, cheekbones a bit more defined and he had a sleeker build. The only thing that remained the same were his unnerving, lemon-yellow eyes. He only had a black cloak strewn across his shoulders exposing his pale but defined abdomen, paired with tight leather trousers.