Chapter 20- His Son

"Elijah King-Rodrigues, you're under arrest." One of the wards said as he began to approach Eli. "I'm going to have to ask you to get on your knees and place your hands behind your head before we are forced to resort to force."

Eli gaped at the man, confusion written all over his face. His helmet hid his face only showing tinted red eyes and a small tuft of dirty blonde hair around the back. Just what had happened in the week he was unconcious, he wouldn't make it any worse. He reluctantly fell to his knees, crumpling the photo in his hands as he put them behind his head.

"Thank you sir."

Before the ward could get behind Eli however another voice sounded from the group of wards circling the man.

"That won't be necessary."

Eli's head whipped up to meet his husband's gaze and he felt relief bloom in his chest. He looked good, healthy. His raven black hair was gelled back, only a couple strands lose and he was in some sort of cloak that covered most of his body from Eli's heated gaze.

"But sir-"

"I said it won't be necessary." Javier forced out without so much as glancing at the ward who backed away and held his head down in submission.

Eli stared at his husband's outstretched hand before raising his coal eyes to meet the ocean blue ones. Something felt wrong but when Javier gave him a quick smile he took it and he was quickly pulled into the taller's arms, his cloak managing to fit two bodies and Eli sighed at the warmth it provided, he hadn't realized the night had gotten so chilly.

"Where's Aurum?" Eli felt Javier tense and his mind immediately went into overdrive as his magicules started whizzing about in his body.

"He's okay. Let's get you back before we discuss anything else further." Javier said as he glanced down at Eli who surrendered to the pleading gaze from his husband.

"Ok."

"Let's go men."

***

A day had passed since then. Eli had been returned to the hospital room and Javier had told him that he would return soon. He was growing increasingly frustrated. It was obvious Javier was hiding something from him, forget something, he was hiding everything.

He anxiety had peaked once he finally came out of his thoughts and realized he couldn't feel Aurum. He was trying so hard to play nice. Trying his best to hold back and let Javier handle it but he couldn't feel his son. The last time that happened he was kidnapped and tortured for days so forgive him if he was a little restless.

Javier had one more day before Eli went out and started looking for Aurum himself to confirm he was really 'okay' as Javier had put it. Eli didn't know why Javier was doing this to him. He knew how much Eli worried and stressed over Aurum.

He wanted to see his boy. He stared at the crumpled photo in his outstretched hands above his head. He couldn't handle any more of this. He put the picture down and attempted to get up but tilted his head in curiosity at a little hole in the ceiling.

He started glancing around and found 3 more all identical. He gritted his teeth when he realized he was being monitored.

If it was a show they wanted he would give them a show.

He made his way towards the door, and knocked, he knew nothing would come of it by now. The only time someone was at the door was when they were sliding his food through a little slot on the ground. He slammed his foot into the door, denting the metal door before returning back to the bed.

He jumped atop the bed staring up at the camera with a crazed look in his eyes. He had enough of whatever the hell this was. He hadn't seen anyone except for Javier and then he just disappears on him.