Missing Piece

Hawks POV:

It was already 4 months now that we lost our kid and I could help but feel like we should adopt a kid. It was hard to get our own kid and recently I was thinking about all the kids that didn't even have a family because of a villain's attack. Ironically but it would fit to our family. We lost our kid due to some circumstances and the kids lose their because of incidents. This was why I was on my way to Dabi. I just got off work and he already finish an hour before me and was waiting with some chicken at home.

Me: Dabi!

I couldn't help it but immediately stop flying right in front of him and tackle him into a hug while also starting the conversation.

Me: Let's adopt a kid!

It might have not been the best way to tell him that I wanted to get us a kid so that we feel whole again but it was the quickest one.

Dabi: You want to adopt a kid?

Me: Why not?

Dabi: We just lost ours?

Me: And there are kids that lost their parents.

Dabi: So, you want to adopt a kid with trauma?

Me: Kinda. Why does it sound so weird and wrong coming from you?

Dabi: Because it is?

Me: Everything will be fine!

Dabi: Ahm Keigo, Babe, you sure about this?

Me: Yes.

Dabi: Guess we are getting a kid then.

Me: Really?

Dabi: Sure.

Me: But I thought you would be so against it.

Dabi: Never said anything against it. I just questioned you about your sudden statement.

Me: Mh.

Dabi: But why the heck do you want a kid with trauma? Why not a normal kid or one that was given up after birth?

Me: It just feel right.

Dabi: Feels right huh.

Me: Well, you have trust issues and also some daddy issues.

Dabi: And you have some issues thinking that you are a weapon as well as emotional scars from the hero commission training.

Me: I won't deny that.

Dabi: Me neither.

Me: Soo you are okay with it?

Dabi: Yup.

Me: Great! Cause I already made an appointment for us to visit the St. Andreas Orphanage.

Dabi: No matter what I would have said you would have gone through with this, right?

Me: Noooo!

Dabi: Aha... So not trusting your word right now chicken!

Me: Come on burned nugget!

Dabi: Then why the fuck did you made an appointment before we agree on it?

Me: Cause I knew that you would agree too!

Dabi: ...

Seeing as this conversation was over and that it was also going in the wrong direction, I got closer to him.

Me: Believe me!

It was only a matter of seconds that J was right in front of him with only a small air gap between us.

Dabi: Hawks?~

Before he could even say anything, I started numbering on his ear as a distribution. That was when his voice hit a wrong octave and I knew that he was liking it.

Dabi: Oh this is how you want to play? You do know that two can play this game.

Oh no...

I think I angered the lion!

Spare me!

Or not!

Hihihi

Knowing Dabi, he had something special in his mind after my teasing. There was no doubt in my mind that he would actually pay me back in double and even if I shouldn't admit it openly but I loved it. This was how I let him carry me into our room and where we stayed until the morning.

Time skip brought to you by a cat and a little hawk spending the night together in a close embrace.

On the next morning we had breakfast together and each of us got prepared for the day. I was about to head to the balcony and fly out until I felt someone touching my feathers.

Me: DABI!

I was getting flustered because of how sensitive my wings were and he knew it.

Dabi: I see your body still remembers our night together.

Me: That's out of the question now why did you stop me?

Dabi: That orphanage when is the appointment?

Me: Tomorrow why?

Dabi: Because your dumbass didn't tell me that yesterday.

Me: Oh sorry mister I needed to seal your sweet lips!

Dabi: Mister I can't get enough!

Me: Mister Lets go another round!

Dabi: Chicken!

Me: Hah! I win this time, burned nuggets!

Dabi: arg!