My new life

I was sad knowing that my own sister planned all this. The reason for it was clear by now. She was jealous and wanted revenge. It was hard to accept that she was jealous since we she was the one doing everything alike. Never even once did she say how much she hated to imitate me or do things with me. No one expected her to be able to do the same things like I could or loved doing. Though she said everyone like me more, though I knew it better. The truth was that my mother always favored her more than me. She was after all just a couple of minutes older than me.

The day passed since I spoke to my sister and the two heroes that adopted me made sure that I would go to their healer on a regular basis. Half a year after I lost my wings, I had them finally back. The feathers were a lot softer and even darker then before but I loved them nonetheless.

Hawks: Are you ready feathers?

Me: YES! I am so exited!

Dabi: Can't relate to that.

Me: You never had wings you don't know how free it feels to just let yourself drop.

Hawks: True. Oh and he is a little bit afraid of heights.

Me: Really?

Dabi: Only if that chicken has me in his hands. Who knows what he starts doing up in the air.

Me: I really don't want to have the details.

Hawks: Welp, anyways. I will be there to support you. So don't worry about what could happen.

We were all currently on the rooftop of hawks agency. It was already late and we all decided after the healers gave me the go, I should try and fly again. Though my wings could be a little bit weak at the moment, I still pressured them that I wanted to try and fly. In the end they gave up and this was where we ended up!

After everything that happened with Haruka, they both been very supportive and never made me sad or angry or even hurt anymore. They were kinda overprotective. I found it annoying at first but now after I forgot how angry I was at them, I felt like this was where I belonged. It wasn't simple forgiving them and I certainly didn't forget but being angry at them for all my live wasn't a solution too. First of all, it wasn't good for my own health being angry and sad all the time and second it wasn't completely their fault. So, in the end I decided that it would be better to just accept them as my new family and give them a chance. Who knew that they would be really good parents.

Me: Okay... Here I go!

I was at the edge of the rooftop and closed my eyes as I let myself fall. It felt good having the wind pushing my hair away and just feeling light as a feather. It was just a couple of seconds after I let myself drop that I decided to open my wings and glide through the air.

This feels amazing!

Ohh how I missed being up in the air.

How I missed having my wings!

Once I was beginning to sink a little bit, I flapped my wings and starting to gain high again. Though I only managed to do it a couple of times before I needed to get down because I was exhausted and nearly collapsed on the ground. It was Dabi who caught me.

Dabi: Wow, wow, wow, slow down! Are you okay?

Me: Just ... exhausted...and ...out of ...breath...

Hawks: Told you it would be hard after what you went through. But I am proud Yuri! You did well!

Me: Thanks...

Hawks: Let's get some chicken and ice-cream for rewards.

Dabi: Why does it always need to be chicken?

Hawks: BECAUSE!

Dabi: *Sigh* We are getting to a restaurant, not KFC!

Me: Sounds good.

Hawks: Aww.... but fine!

Dabi: It's not as if you won't just vanish again just to get some KFC and then start a fight with the manager because you brought the food into the fucking restaurant and that's forbidden!

Hawks:.. I learned from that mistake. So I am choosing the restaurant.

Dabi: Fine by me.

Me: Kay!

Hawks: Oh and after that how about we try it again Yuri?

Me: Love too!

Hawks: Then it's settled!

Just like that Hawks and I started exercising until I could stay up into the air as long as I wanted. Though I wasn't as fast as Hawks, I would make my opponent run for their money if they wanted to catch me especially if I called all the ravens around me to fly in a pack of murder. How I loved calling a swarm of pitch-black ravens a murder. It was a black, deadly cloud that was huge and agile. They were also not dumb and I could command them.

Not only was I able to fly again but Hawks also pulled some strings and I was able to attend a hero school again. It was not UA since I refused going there after what happened. I didn't want to meet my old class or any of the teachers at all. I was done with them and I wanted UA to know what they missed. So, I went to another hero school and became one of the best heroes of my year.

This was how everything ended well despite how bad my situation looked like. If I gave up on life back then, then I would have missed out on soo much stuff especially my new-found happiness. Not to mention that Haruka would still be out for revenge on Hawks and Dabi and she would probably kill the kid they were ready to adopt. So I was very happy knowing that no one was killed anymore for her revenge and that I ended up having my beautiful wings back.

Now I was making the air unsafe at night while Hawks and Dabi would patrol at day. I loved the night especially since I could basically camouflage in it with my black wings.

~~End~~

A/N: Thanks for reading this story and I hope you enjoyed it too!