Mistake

Hawk's POV:

I saw the girl cry and have a mental breakdown. Something was wrong and the bad feeling I had grown only stronger. This was definitely not what I wanted. She should have paid for what she did but this was different. Her life was ruined and she was so close to death herself. What me and Dabi wanted for her or wished for her was a life in regret. She should have been defenseless and mourning for her quirk and not close to dying.

This was why I followed her.

Me: Wake up!

After she complete collapsed, the ravens were protective around her but they let me pick her up and followed me as I flew to the next hospital.

This wasn't what I wished for!

Please make it kid!

You can't die like that!

This is not how you should end your suffering!

You should live and remember what you have done wrong!

It didn't take me long to get her to the hospital and then get a nurse and a doctor to help her out.

Time skip brought to you by a small raven that tried to escape a predator hawks and cat!

I was in the kids' room and I couldn't help but think about what happened.

I wonder why you've been so cruel to us and yet be so friendly toward these orphans....

Did you change?

Or

Did we get the wrong person?

But your wings and the black feather we found...

Shit!

We never let the feather be tested if it was a real one!

Even if it is from your quirk it won't be the same as a normal feather from a raven.

How didn't we do that before?!

How could we miss that?

Did we really jump to conclusions?

Did someone wanted to frame you?

Am I thinking to much?

But if that is the case then that means that we got the wrong person...

That means that we destroyed another's life....

As I was thinking to myself a doctor came in. It was the first doctor that came in right after they treated her wounds and put her in a room.

Doctor: Are you her guardian?

Me: Not yet.

Doctor: Not yet?

Me: I was planning to adopt her when I found her like this.

Doctor: I see. I am not allowed to tell you her information but since you are the pro hero Hawks and you are planning to adopt her, I'll still tell you what's going on.

Me: Yes please.

Doctor: We found remains of bones in her wound that leads us to believe that she had wings. However, they were cleaning cut off.

Me: Will they ever recover?

Doctor: We don't know the extent of her quirk. She might but she also might mot. It all is up to her.

Me: Anything else?

Doctor: She developed a high fever due to all the blood loss. We are currently treating her as much as we can but there isn't much we can do about her condition. For now, we out her under a light coma so she wouldn't feel the extensive pain after the treatment.

Me: When will she wake up?

Doctor: In a week.

Me: Okay.

Just like that the doctor left the room. She looked very pain and she was laying on her stomach so that the wounds on her back could properly heal. I knew even if the doctor didn't tell me that but her condition was to bad to even try and get a healer on her.

As I was looking at her the door to the room once again opened and Dabi came in. I did send him a quick message over our location right after they took care of her.

Dabi: Why do you look so sad?

Me: She lost her wings completely because of us. ..

Dabi: She deserved it!

Me: Dabi, what if we made an error and it wasn't her?

Dabi: What do you fucking mean? We both saw the footage and we also found her feathers!

Me: No! We found black feathers! We never checked what kind of feathers we found.

Dabi:...

It was pretty obvious just by his expression that he never thought of that possibility. His eyes were wide open and he had a hand over his mouth while gasped right before he put his hands over his mouth.

Dabi: I'll take care of it, you stay with her!

Before I could even say anything to him, Dabi already left the room.

Soo it is possible that we made a huge mistake!

Thank god I am not the only one thinking that.

Even my guts are telling me that we did something wrong!

I knew I should have listened to the bad feeling I had right after we did what we did to her!

Gosh!

How do we make it right?

We basically destroyed her life!

But if she really did kill him then I guess it's Karma that is getting her.

Still there are so many things that doesn't add up!

Why was she begging me to tell her what she did if she killed him?

She should know it.

Why was she so desperate?

Even wither frail body she tried to escape from us because she was scared to life...

This isn't something someone would do that have a resemblance toward us.

It's also not easy to forget killing a small kid.

No!

I really believe we got the wrong person.

I feel so guilty...

Please let me be wrong and she really killed him! Because if not I don't know where to start to make things right again.