열한째

"Lisa, I understand what you say, but it is precisely that we have yet to decide on the final locations that I want Irene-ssi to join us. I want her to look at the sites and give us her opinion, whether those places fit into her image for the story or not."

To my astonishment he merely smiled and sipped his tea calmly. Where were the rains of curses and threats that I had imagined? Or the breaking of contract and all possible business relations? Perhaps I had underestimated the businessmen's level of tolerance. Apparently, they could be quite thick-faced.

"That might be so, but I still find it rather troublesome. Irene-ssi has been working on a new book recently and it is not long before she finishes the initial draft. It would be inconvenient to get interrupted at this stage." Lisa argued.

Again, I nodded my head, thinking she had a point. I was almost finished with the plot and then we would have to review it several times before the final piece is approved.

Siwon turned to look at me. Since I was sure he saw me nodding my head, I decided to follow-up with words. But right before I was able to say anything, two other men appeared at our table. The movie director and the producer had arrived.

The director Bambam was wearing a tweed costume and black-rimmed glasses, having an aloof look about him, while the producer Kang Daniel was dressed in a black business-like suit, with his hair cut very short and a frowning expression on his face. Other than that, there was nothing else to catch my attention. They seemed pretty ordinary now that I was looking at them closely.

We made presentations, bowed and exchanged business cards. Then the five-men meeting was officially in full swing.

Bambam spoke little, leaving Daniel to make most of the conversation, while Lisa and I merely listened and offered our input when necessary. On the contrary, Siwon kept silent the entire time. He had a detached expression on his face, making it impossible to know what he was thinking about.

Strangely enough, no one brought up the one-week trip afterwards, not even Bambam or Daniel. I didn't want to be the one to say anything, and apparently Lisa had the same idea as me, because she didn't mention it either.

Thus, two hours passed and we decided to conclude our first meeting.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Bae. You are just as Chief Park described you. I look forward to working with you." Daniel said at the end, gracefully stretching his hand for a shake.

I looked at his outstretched hand and hesitated for a second. But it wouldn't do to refuse, therefore, I shook his hand politely.

A sonorous voice boomed in my head, sounding annoyed and harsh.

Humpf, weak looking brat! She doesn't know squat about movies and we have to tolerate it just because Director Choi has taken a fancy to her...

At this point I snapped my hand back as if it had been burned by something. What the hell was that just now? Such a strong annoyance that I could almost feel it. It's not my fault that they forced me into this. I didn't want to be here taking part in these stupid meetings either, you know?! And what was that about fancying? Daniel-ssi, are you perhaps delusional?

Then came Bambam's turn to say his parting words. Thankfully, he kept his aloof style and didn't say anything too pompous. Just a simple 'Looking forward to working with you'. But then the dreadful handshake came. I almost trembled when I touched his hand, hoping against hope and praying to all the gods that this person would not have such anger towards me.