열여덟째

I am Leo, cat and owner of Bae Irene. My Bae is a wonderful person. She saved me many years ago and has been taking care of me since then. She's a quiet person who mostly likes to write and read. She also likes to spend time with me and she even gave me half of her bed. It's too bad that she, more often than not, doesn't come to bed until dawn. By that time, I'm usually awake and feel like playing with her. It's a sad thing really but I like her too much to complain.

Our lives have been peaceful and happy... until recently. There is a new, strange person who has been lurking around our home. Lisa Manoban, this person, is always so cheerful and full of energy that it's giving me nausea. I bet she's annoying my Bae as well. She's been muttering to herself more and more often these days. I'm sure that tall girl is the reason for it!

But what's even more worrisome is this person's true objective. I am now sure she is trying to steal my Bae! And her tactics are quite clever too. I must admit that for how dumb she appears to be, she can be quite smart.

First, it was bribery (granted it was delicious and I wanted more, but I still have my pride! I was onto you, you sly beast!). Then, there were occasional visits and friendly chats. She also brought alcohol to the house! I bet her intentions were far from pure even then!

She even found a way to infiltrate herself into our house, bringing with her reinforcements. Another sly move on her part. That Ye-won was actually quite cute and well-behaved for a kid. She never raised her voice and she always played with me nicely. Hmph! Like I said, a clever move! But I was still unconvinced that this person was well-suited for my Bae.

Afterwards, there was an increasing amount of skinship and stolen glances. I even saw her carrying my Bae to her bed one morning. And it wasn't just that one time either! It happened every morning while she stayed at our place. My Bae was even kind enough to give up her bed for her and that little girl and how does she repay her? By stealing her away, huh?! No matter, I was careful to scratch her pants a few times while she wasn't looking. She won't even know what happened when she finds the holes. So evil of me!