열아홉째

"Irene-ssi, let's do it again." Lisa said, eagerly wrapping her arms around Irene's body and pulling her closer.

"No." Irene flatly refused her. "I'm tired. Besides, aren't you working tomorrow?"

"Yes, but I can still go for another round." Lisa grinned, a dangerous glint flashing in her eyes.

THACKKK!!

"Stop looking at me like a pervert and go to sleep!" Irene snapped.

A soft whimpering could be heard coming from the curled up Lisa. She was holding her head, rolling from one side to the other. Apparently, Irene had meant to get her point across, so she was a bit too energetic with her kick.

"Why did you have to hit my head so hard? What if I become dumb?" Lisa whined, while massaging the top of her head.

"Impossible." Irene declared firmly, not sparing her lover even one look of pity.

"Ah, I knew you love me too much to think so little of me."

"You are already this dumb. There is no lower level for you." Irene finally dealt the killer blow.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time. Why is your cat called Leo?"

"What's with this random question?" Irene looked at her, surprise visible on her sleepy face.

"Nothing in particular. It just popped into my head and I realized that I have always been curious but somehow never got a chance to ask."

"You really are weird."

"Hey, haven't you been mean enough to me today? Still want to beat a person who's already lying down?" Lisa complained, while plastering her body along Irene's. She pulled the other girl closer to her chest, snuggling and nuzzling her neck like a big, playful dog.

"Hey, stop that. It tickles." Irene tried to push her away.

"Then answer me and I'll stop." Lisa continued to rub her face against Irene's neck.

"Alright. Though it's really not a very interesting story."

Irene shifted her position slightly. Placing her hands on top of Lisa's, she began playing with her fingers absentmindedly.

"One summer three years ago, I was walking outside. I was heading towards the park for a breath of fresh air. For some strange reason I decided to stop by the convenience store and buy something cold to drink. It was the beginning of summer, the temperatures were high so my body felt hot only minutes after I left the house. While contemplating if I should give up the walk and return home, I heard animal cries from a nearby tree. I followed the sounds and I eventually saw a kitten, probably not even one year old, holding onto a branch and meowing desperately. I tried reaching up to it, but the branch was too high-up for me and climbing was out of the question. So, I stood under that tree until I managed to convince the cat to climb down by itself. When it did, I caught it and brought it home with me. It was shivering, starving and had an injured paw."

"How long did you have to wait for it to come down?" Lisa mumbled into Irene's hair, her voice low and soft.

"An hour."

Hearing that, Lisa let out a chuckle. Then she nuzzled Irene's neck again, placing a series of gentle, loving kisses afterwards.

"That's so like you, Irene. I'm not even surprised. But what about the name then?"

"Well, I thought it would be obvious by now. I named it Leo because I found him on August. It was a lucky encounter on a summer day."

"Hmmm, lucky encounter you say. Then what about me?" Lisa asked, her voice drifting slowly until only her breathing could be heard. She was most likely on the verge of falling asleep.

Irene remained quiet for a while, listening to Lisa's calm and steady breathing. She could feel the other person's chest moving with each breath, feel the puffs of hot air brushing against her neck. She was conscious of that heart beating so close to her back, almost feeling its vibrations through the skin.

But apart from all of these, she was even more conscious of the girl's hold, her long arms curled around her waist, keeping her close like she was something precious and dear. It was a warm and cozy feeling, one which made Irene realize what Lisa's presence in her life meant. She was just like the summer after a long and cold spring.

Irene took a deep breath, listening to their different heartbeats gradually falling in sync, seeming like they were converging into one. She instinctively snuggled closer, wanting to reduce the distance between her and that person to nothing.

"In my life, you are a ray of sunshine, Lisa. More than luck or chance, to me you represent love; a steadfast, mind sweeping, overpowering love. I never knew that love could feel so good."

Irene's soft whispers floated in the air, converging with the rhythmic breathing coming from behind her.

She soon fell asleep as well, a smile on her face and her chest filled with the sweetness of happiness.

▬▬

Huft, finally. This is really the end. Actually, I had this draft since last July, however I just stopped it in the middle  ㅋㅋㅋㅋ, being torn apart among some stories. And yeah, so this is it. Uhm, I'm planning to make this Lisa - Jisoo version, the characters suit enough, so if you already read this you don't have to read the other version.

Bye. I will chase Leo for clawing my face.

Hey, stream Lalisa and Money!! 😳