23 - Visit

'Im taking Mara too.' I signaled Amaranth to come.

Amaranth ran past Felix and Father and jumped straight into my hands.

Father will not raise a hand against Amaranth.

Why?

Because she looks too much like Mama.

Father would feel bad, because he'll feel like he hit Mama.

Amaranth got straight hair from Father and jeweled shaped eyes but other then that she's a clone of Mama.

"Take it easy on me Mara, my left elbow hurts right now..." I whispered to Amaranth as I lifted her up and slowly walked.

"Mara it's over now ok?" I whispered as I felt a slow nod coming from Amaranth.

Well when I say walked I mean limped.

I and Felix exchanged glances.

His was thankful and so was mine.

He was thankful I also thought of Amaranth.

I was thankful because he had helped me from Father.

Amaranth skin felt cold as if all the blood was drained from her face.

She was trembling.

Her normal bright and happy self was nowhere to be found.

She was scared and withering like a lone flower.

'Shit... My leg hurts too...' I prevented myself from limping.

I didn't feel the pain.

But I felt the effect.

I was quite sure I had sprained my left ankle somehow.

I felt Amaranth snuggle into my chest.

'Put her down at the door, we don't want whoever is in the opposite side to spread news of Amaranth existence' my second voice told me.

My second voice was selfish.

She would put herself before others.

This saved us.

But at the same time I didn't like it...

She could careless about Amaranth.

She cared about what kept us alive.

Which included not angering Father.

And Father would be mad if news of Amaranth got out.

"Shh... It's ok Mara..." I whispered as I sat her down in the floor.

"S-sis-sissy..." Amaranth called.

Her legs were wobbly and weak from the scare, so I made her sit instead of stand.

"Just sit here while sissy gets the door ok?" I whispered to her putting one finger on my lip.

"Sissy is proud, Mara was such a brave girl!" I said smiling

I smiled to her knowing that even though I was in pain on my entire left side, if I smile it could give her some strength.

I saw how Amaranth weakly smiled back.

I opened the huge double door while keeping eye contact with Amaranth as if telling her 'Dont worry I'm here'.

"Athanasia you forgot your ba-" I saw it was Lucas who rang the door bell.

He stopped mid way scentence and looked down and up and me.

"What?" I asked hoping to take his attention away from my left side.

"Are you ok?" Lucas whispered.

'"Yes."'

"Yes." I replied taking one step back on my left foot so that my left side was more hidden.

"Really? Then why do you have a bruise on your left elbow, also your left ankle is starting to swell and on top of that your face is pale." Lucas said looking at me.

'Shit! I didn't know the marks were already there!' I figured that my left elbow would bruise from the impact but I didn't think it would appear so fast, plus my left ankle swelling should've not appeared yet.

"Lucas, I thank you for bringing my bag to me, I kindly request that you take your leave." I felt my eyes glow dimly as I reached out to take my bag from him.

My eyes glowing can be multiple things.

Warning someone was one of them.

I grabbed the handle but he didn't let go instead he grabbed it harder.

"Please let go." I pleaded with Lucas.

"No."

"Lucas I'm not playing around. Let go." This time it was a warning as I felt how my eye glowed brighter as I felt urgency to get Lucas away from the house..

"No." Lucas eyes glowed red back at mine that was glowing bright blue.

"Lucas." I hissed.

"Athanasia." He growled back taking one step towards me so that he was blocking the door way.

Both of us didn't back down.

'Damn it Lucas! Just go away already! It's for your own good!' I wanted to scream that at him but I knew Father would be coming any second and he wouldn't want news if what happens to leak out.

I heard footsteps.

'Shit...' I recognize those foot steps as one of a lion.

And he wasn't happy.

'Please tell me! How do I get Lucas out of here now?!' I begged with my second voice who I knew was on the same page as me since having Lucas here would make father mad.

'Use all your strength too pull your bag, this will take him by surprise then shove him out of the door.' My second voice commanded.

I know it was the rudest way to do things.

But I understood it was the only way.

There was no more time to think of other more friendly options.

"Bye!" I said using all my strength to pull my bag out of Lucas hands which took him by surprise.

He was off balance which mean that it was easy to push him.

I used one had to shove him back so he wasn't at the door way.

I made sure he was standing on his feet again.

After all I didn't want him to fall over.

Then I shut the door on him.

"Thank you... Please go." I whispered knowing he would hear.

I heard footsteps going softer meaning that Lucas left.

'Thank you...' I said another time in my mind as I put my forehead on the door.

I didn't want anyone to know what was going on.

I didn't want people to help.

I just wanted them to be there for me.

I'm glad...

I'm glad that I have a friend like Lucas...

I really wish he keeps doing what he's doing...

Just stay by my side and smile through my lies...

"What took you so long you wrench!" Father yelled.