28 - Diana

"Luke! Can you turn in the news for me?" Mum yelled from the kitchen.

  I picked up the remote that was on the coffee table in the middle of our sofa and turned on the news.

  "Thanks!" Mum yelled.

  She can't see the TV from where she's standing but she can hear it.

  "Where's dad?" I asked mum sitting down on the C-shaped sofa.

  "He's bringing Kiran to school, that boy has been excited to go to school and find this girl that Athy speaks of." Mum replied.

  'Since when did mum call Athanasia Athy?'

  "Mum, I thought you called her Miss Athanasia. Why are you suddenly calling her athy?" I asked mum.

  "Why not. It's cute." Mum replied.

  I turned to the TV and to my surprise the person on the news right now was non other then Athanasia.

  "And now! We welcome to you our special guest! Miss Athanasia!"

  "Rumour has it she started by being a child actor in the age of 13! Tell us Athanasia! How does it feel to be up here on live TV?"

  "I am hourned to be here." Athanasia said.

  "Ok now I have a few questions for you to answer." The person rolled out a piece of paper.

  "Is it true that Jennette is a reckless driver?"

  "No. That day she had a sudden black out, which caused her car to go hay wire. I assure you she isn't a reckless driver." Athanasia smoothly covered.

  Clearly preplanned.

  "Is it true that Jennette is currently in the hospital?" The host asked Athanasia

  "Yes... Sadly due to her Black out and the car crash she has to go to the hospital." Athanasia replied sighing.

  "Is it true that the most anticipated show 'Lovely princess' has been delayed?"

  "Sadly. Due to our main cast having an injury we cannot continue when she sent healed yet." Athanasia pretended to be sad.

  Mum placed a cup of water infront of me and I took it up and slowly drank it.

  "Ok... Now! This is a question that we have all wanted to ask!" The host said.

  Athanasia looked nervous...

  "Is it true that you killed your own mother...?" The host ask.

  The water that was going down my throat went the other direction an out of my mouth.

  "Geez! Don't spit out your water! It's disgusting!" Mum scolded.

  "Sorry..." I replied whipping my mouth.

  'She killed her mother!?' I was shocked!

  Athanasia didn't seem like the crazy type!

  My attention to the Tv went from 40% to 100%

  "No. I didn't kill my mother." Athanasia replied looking serious.

  "When I was 10. I recklessly ran across the road... My mother... She saved me... But got killed in my place..." Athanasia spoke.

  Athanasia didn't look like athanasia...

  Something tells me this was the other her...

  "What a tragic story! Do you have anything to say to your mother?"

  "Mama... If your listening to this... Your babys are doing amazing! We all love you!" Athanasia said towards the camera.

  "I didn't know Dian died..." Mum mumbled behind me.

  I looked behind and saw mum was crying.

  Not like screaming crying.

  But like tears just keep coming and she doesn't even notice.

  "Did you know Athanasia's mum?"I asked.

  I didn't even know her name was Dian.

  "Diana and I met in high school... There she met this guy who acted liked a complete snob! But he fell for her and she fell for him... Without her I wouldn't even have met Ace..." Mum said.

  So Athanasia's mum was called Diana...

  "You know... She was always the lively, happy, bubbly and cheerful one... While I was this scary closed off person... She was the person who started calling me Rora because she said "When I'm mad I can Roar like a lion..."" Mum started crying uncontrollably.

  "Were you guys close...?" I asked.

  I didn't know Athanasia's mother was who gave my mum the nick name 'Rora'

  "Very... No one could tear us apart in highschool..." Mum said holding up one of her creations.

  She always had this doll.

  She loved making it.

  She called the doll Dian.

  Or as she knows it Di-oll.

  It had blond hair and pink eyes that sometimes looked purple.

  "When the teachers out us in different groups I remember Dian would cry and the teacher would just put us in the same group since if we weren't Dian would cry..."

  "We got separated when she was about to have her second child and moved into a bigger house." Mum admitted.

  "Us moving here... Was your Dad's way of reuniting the two of us..." Dad told us that we were moving during their anniversary.

  "But now... She's not here..."

  "Wait... Athanasia has a sibling!?" I questioned.

  From what I knew athanasia didn't have any siblings!

  Jennette doesn't count as her siblings.

  "Yup... You obviously wouldn't know who they were... Dian wanted to keep the child a secret... So that this child wouldn't need to be under her sisters shadow or followed by reporters and stalked online..."

  "She fully supported that Athanasia should be an actor but didn't want her sibling to have to follow their siblings path..." Mum said.

  "I remember that we betted... It it was a girl... It would be named Amaranth... If it was a boy it would be named Kiran..." Mum said letting out a bitter sweet laughter.

  "Wait... So if athanasia has a baby brother... There would be two Kiran's...?" I asked.

  "Yup! I was hoping it was a baby boy since I thought having two people with the same name would be cute especially if they were in the same class."

  "Would you say athanasia is like her mother..?" I asked.

  " A living copy of her! She has her mother's boldness! She is also so funny! I wonder how they have been since Dian was gone..." Mum sighed.

  She didn't even know her own best friend died...

  That must hurt huh...

  "Mum. Let's do some baking together!" I said.

  I was terrible at baking.

  Or so I've been told...

  But mum loves it.

  "Really? Oh my god! Yes! Let me get out my recipes!" Mum said her mood brightening up.

  I know that at the end of this is was going to have flour all over me and I would be taking a long shower to get it off.

  But...

  I guess I just want my mum to cheer up.

  After All.

  She has given me more information on Athanasia then I could find anywhere else.