Chapter 18

Well, it could be worse. Much worse. Jeongguk was missing all his favorite shirts, that was the bad news. The good news was that Yoongi was currently hoarding them on his side of the bed.  So they weren't really missing.

The past few days Yoongi's sweet scent was getting stronger and he was sticking closer. He was more clingy than usual, so Jeongguk came to the conclusion Yoongi was in preheat. That means they have to start on the preparations before he completely goes into heat. Jeongguk won't lie, he is nervous.

He wants everything to go perfectly for him and his mate. For that to happen though, he must go to his parents and Yoongi isn't willing to let him go. Taking an omega in preheat who isn't mated out is a really bad idea.

" Baby, you have to let me go. I promise I will be right back," Jeongguk tells the omega who is clinging onto his waist. He was heading out to talk to his parents but it wasn't going according to plan.

Yoongi whines, " I don't want you to go though. Whenever you leave it's for hours and I'm lonely."

" I'm sorry but I promise it will only be a few minutes then I will be right back," Jeongguk explains but Yoongi puts his head on Jeongguk's shoulder.

" Then take me with you, like you said it'll only be a few minutes."

" Yoongi, you're in preheat. It would be a bad idea to take you, I mean sure I can protect you but I don't want other's to see you like this until the ceremony," Jeongguk combs his fingers through Yoongi's hair.

" Aww, are you saying you would be jealous?" Yoongi chuckles and Jeongguk huffs.

" Yeah yeah, it's all fun and games until I rip off another wolf's head," Jeongguk rolls his eyes and that made Yoongi think for a moment.

" Fine, but you can only be gone for thirty minutes. Any longer than that then I'm coming after you," Yoongi finally let's go of Jeongguk.

" Thank you! I'll be back," Jeongguk places a kiss on top of Yoongi's head and runs out of the house.

He heads over to his parents house and luckily they were home. Jeongguk walks in while his parents were setting up for a meal.

" Oh sweetie, what brings you here?" His mother asks as she puts down her cooking utensil and walks over.

" Yoongi is in preheat now. He could go into heat any moment so we should probably get the ceremony started by tonight," Jeongguk explains and his mother nods.

" Alright, I'll handle things here. You will have to go hunting and bring back an offering for the moon to bless you and your mate. The bigger the animal the better," His mother explains, " Your father will go with you."

Jeongguk may have forgotten about that part, " Is it possible to, I don't know, have Dad bring some deer over this way and I just finish the job? Because I promised Yoongi I'd be back in thirty minutes."

" Jeongguk, you know that's not how it works," His dad tells him and Jeongguk groans.

" Just give me some time to tell Yoongi. He's not taking no for an answer right now," Before Jeongguk's parents can say anything else, he runs off back to Yoongi.

" Yoongi has our son wrapped around his little finger, huh," Hyemi chuckles to herself with a big grin.

" Not surprising, Jeongguk was already soft on him when they first met. Now let's get things done before Jeongguk gets back. Who knows how long that will be," Jungsik advices.

《α》

" But you said you wouldn't be gone all day," Yoongi pouts and Jeongguk has to hold himself back as to not cuddle him right then and there.