4

Yoongi woke up to the sweet smell of pancakes. Something he hasn't eaten in a long time since his mother stopped cooking any meals for him. Yoongi rubbed his eyes and yawned taking in the room he was currently in. He internally began freaking out until the memories of last night began to pour in.

That's right, he was kicked out of his childhood home and was now in some sort of wolf pack. Well, the house of one of the wolves in the wolf pack. Yoongi slowly got up and began to head to the kitchen when he heard humming from a female voice. It was nice and calming as he entered the kitchen.

The woman seemed to have heard him and turned around with a big smile to greet him. She quickly turned off the stove taking the pancake out of the pan setting it on a plate. Then she walked over to Yoongi, " You must be Yoongi. You are so much cuter than Jeongguk had said!" She exclaims as she begins pinching Yoongi's cheeks.

Yoongi scrunched his nose in suprise but it is soon replaced with a smile, " Hello, nice to meet you. You must be Jeongguk's mother?" Yoongi asks politely, the sweet smell of maple invading his nostrils.

" Yes, forgive me for not introducing myself I couldn't help but want to pinch your cheeks. My name is Jeon Hyemi." Hyemi chimed as she quickly went to put some syrup on the pancakes, " Feel free to have some. I thought you might be hungry."

" Thank you, Mrs. Jeon." Yoongi says taking the plate then sitting himself at the table. Hyemi sat across from him with her own plate.

" Oh, please. Cut the formalities. Just call me Hyemi." Hyemi corrects using hand gestures, " Anyway, as I said before Jeongguk explained to me this morning about your...situation. Let me just tell you now that you can stay as long as you need until you find a mate or you get yourself back on your feet."

" Thank you so much. You're very kind but I couldn't possibly intrude on you like this." Yoongi explains as he stuffs a piece of pancake in his mouth.

" Nonsense!" Hyemi utters, " We welcome anyone into the pack after they go through the initiation or they are married into it. You can't really go through the initiation until you learn how to be a wolf. I'll gladly teach you!"

Yoongi smiles at that, feeling at ease, " Thank you. I'm guessing you are an omega then?"

" Yes, if you couldn't tell by the scent." Hyemi chuckles, " Omegas tend to have a sweet scent. That's what seems to attract alphas. Betas tend to have a more of an earthy like scent. While Alphas, they tend to have more of an herbal scent and sometimes a spice like scent."

" I see. So I guess I smell like candy?" Yoongi wonders out loud and receives a nod from Jeongguk's mother, " Then that's also why Jeongguk smells like lavender."

" Correct! Each wolf has their own individual scent so it makes it easier to identify the wolf or to track them." Hyemi explains, " When a wolf is in distress then the smell will be coated with something sour, for example, rotten eggs. You can still smell the orginal scent but it will have something else mixed with it."

" Oh...that makes sense." Yoongi says thinking back to last night. Jeongguk seemed to really want to comfort him even before he told his story so he must have been able to tell something was wrong.

" Now before I answer any more questions, let's go on a little shopping trip, shall we? I'm sure you'll need some necessities." Hyemi suggested clapping her hands.

" But I don't have much money...I mean I have my savings for college that I've been getting from my part time job..." Yoongi explains and then his eyes widen. His part time job? He had a shift today, " Oh no! My part time job? What am I going to do?"

" Where do you work?" Hyemi asks looking at him worried.

" A convience store in the town right outside of the woods." Yoongi groans, his boss is going to surely fire him for this. Yoongi has rarely missed any work and has never been late. So his boss never had a reason to fire him.