Prologue

* Warning! Character Death*

《 α 》

It was dark out in the small town, located in deep into the abyss of the woods. Nothing but the sound of crickets and thunder could be heard, all the towns people were in their houses about to go to bed. It was peaceful as the rain began to pour.

Suddenly out of no where howls began to be heard waking up the whole town as loud thumping of paws hit the ground. Loud growls in the distance quickly becoming closer. The alphas and betas of the pack quickly run outside, coming to the conclusion there will be a fight over territory.

First thing heard was a scream of agony that echoed through the entirety of the the once quiet woods. That was the trigger for the other alphas to quickly shift. The next thing was blood being splattered, a mix of growls and whimpers. The fight messy and completely unorganized.

One alpha shifting back to a human ran into his house. He needed to do one thing before it becomes too late. " Darling, a rival pack has come to fight for territory. We are outnumbered significantly, I'm afraid it's a losing battle at this point." The man said out of breath, completely covered in the smell of blood. Cuts around his throat and back.

" B-but what does that mean? I need to help you right? I can't just leave you to fight out there on your own! This is your pack...our pack! As the leader's omega I need to do something!" The female omega said as she grabbed a cloth trying to clean up her mate's wounds.

" No. That's not what I came in here to tell you. As the leader, I will defend the pack until my final breath. And as your mate and the father of our child, I need to make sure you get out of here safe. The both of you." The male alpha said through gritted teeth.

" No! I can't just leave you!" The woman said, on the verge of tears. She put her head on his shoulder and held him tight. The man did the same and shut his eyes knowing that this will be their final moments together.

" No. I'm not asking you. I'm ordering you. Grab our son and run. Run to the nearest human town and don't turn back. Never come back. Not until it's safe to do so." The husband said and kissed his beautiful wife one last time before running outside. He shifted back into a large wolf and began to defend his house making a safe path for his wife and son.

The woman quickly grabbed her pup and wrapped him up in a blanket. She ran. She ran and didn't look back. She couldn't tell if she was crying or if the rain was pouring down her face.

Once the woman made it to the human town she began to catch her breath as she uncovered the blanket from her pup's face. She smiled at her son kindly but knew what she had to do. She walked into a neighborhood and listened very carefully to the people in the houses. To their conversations or the snoring that came within.

The she stops in her tracks as she hears it. As if it were destiny. " Sweetheart, it's not your fault. You were perfectly healthy...our baby just wasn't mean't to be." A male voice had said to most likely his wife.

" It is my fault! I must have not done something right! I must have skipped a day taking my pills. Or maybe I didn't eat enough. Hell! I may just not be cut out to be a parent!" A woman's voice sounded, " I just want a baby. A baby we can love a cherish for the rest of our lives..."

" Maybe we can adopt." The man suggested but was left with silence in return.

The omega knew what she had to do. She knew this would be the right thing. Her pup would be safe and she could go and defend her mate. So she walked up to the steps of the house and looked her baby one more time, seeing that beautiful smile that reminded her of her mate and the eyes that reminded her of herself.

The pup giggled looking at his mother and she just smiled while she felt the burn of tears that threatened to leave her eyes once more. She kissed him gently on the head and then set him down by the door. She looked around for anything she could write with. Luckily, there was notepad and pen left on the table outside next to a coffee mug that had been forgotten. She wrote a note glancing back to her baby then she rang the door bell. After that she left.

She ran back into the woods shifting into a wolf for a quicker speed. Then she finally managed to get back to her town that was basically covered in blood and wolf carcasses. She roamed around searching for her husband and yet she couldn't find him until a rival alpha wolf spotted her and dragged her away as she shifted back and screamed.

The other wolf shifted back as well and dragged her towards the rest of his pack and the ones captured from the attack. There she spotted her mate in front of everyone. A knife held to his throat.

" Let him go!" She screamed as those tears she had been holding back fell down her cheeks and hit the grown. Her mate of course looked shocked to see her there but that quickly faded as if he was expecting her return. She struggled to get out of her captor's grasp but it was no use.

The man that currently held her husband captive spoke, " This is our territory now. We have won the fight, therefore, the last thing we must do is kill the head alpha of this pack. Then the ones who had survived may choose to join us, leave, or die. The choice is yours." The man had declared. The head alpha of the pack was currently at his mercy. He held his breath as his throat was slit. Choking on his own blood he died instantly.

The female omega screamed as all the memories of the two came flooding back. Her heart shattering at the scene playing through her head. The day she first laid eyes on him when she had turned eighteen. The floral scent that she loved oh so much. The day she talked to him and she felt her inner wolf ready to be claimed to form their fated bond. The day they shared their first kiss. Their first intimate moment.

The day they were mated and married. How he would always love her and make her feel happy. The sweet nothings he would say to make her feel wanted and needed. How he protected her no matter what. The day she found out she was pregnant and the look of pure joy was left on his face. The day their pup was born. The name he came up with for him. Their last moments. And now he had left her and she was left empty and hallow. Heartbroken and the immense pain she feels as well as her wolf. Crying. She couldn't take it anymore.

" Kill me..." She whispers as she stares wide eyed at the dead body of her mate. Tears streaming down her cheeks.

The man who had dragged her over seemed to understand the situation to the best of his ability and nodded, giving a sympathetic look. " You will be with him again." The man whispers and then everything went black for her as her neck was snapped.

《 β 》

Words: 1,298

Only the prologue and I already made myself cry. Hope you enjoy the rest of this story :)

I'm pretty excited about this one