Turning

PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!

Elena's POV

It's been two days and I still haven't changed my mind. I love him and I want to be with him forever. Just thinking about him suffering while I'm gone saddens me. I have been thinking about this same thing over and over again. I barely even slept. I shifted my head towards the nightstand on the right side on my bed and realized the time. I managed to shift myself off my bed. I am unbelievably tired. I can barely walk. I make my way to my dresser slowly and grab an outfit. I slipped on my favorite crop top which is a white top. I paired it with some light blue floral short shorts and three gold bracelets and an infinity ring. I quickly brushed through my soft, silky hair. I managed to brush my teeth as quick as possible and ran downstairs forgetting about breakfast. I slipped on my mint blue converse and headed out the door and into my car.

Finally, I got to the Salvatore house and knocked on the door. Of course, Damon opens it. For some apparent reason he always ends up opening the door. Why not Stefan?

"Hey Elen-" I cut him off short, again.

"Damon, I need to talk to Stefan, like right now" I said almost too loud.

"Ok Elena, just be careful of your choice." he said. Immediately after he said that I thought Stefan told. But Damon did have super hearing so he probably eavesdropped on us. I bet he does that a lot.

I brushed past him and ran up to Stefan's room. I feel bad for always cutting Damon off. He always ends up trying to make a conversation when I'm in a rush, which is very often. I snap out of my thoughts as I enter Stefan's room. He's sleeping so peacefully. I don't want to wake him but we need to talk. I lay myself down on his bed and whisper a little bit. " Stefan, wake up." Even though I am not a vampire yet but I an he is now awake. I know just what to do. I lean down and slowly kiss his soft lips. His eyes flutter open revealing the beautiful green in his eyes. He is grinning from ear to ear.

"Hello beautiful" he says to me in his sexy morning voice.

"Hi handsome" I say back very seductively.

He pulled me closer to his warm body. He kisses me softly and put a piece of my brown hair behind my ear. For whatever reason I blush every time he does that. I roll myself on top of him kissing him again, this time more passionately. I know I'm getting distracted but I need him to be calm before I tell him. I need him to be in a good mood. I could tell he is loving life right now.

"Stefan, I made a decision." I said breaking the kiss.

"And what is that decision Miss Gilbert?" he says to me in his husbandly voice. I love that voice.

"I want to be like you." I say confidently.

Stefan's POV

She tells me she wants to be like me. I don't want that for her. I want her to live a normal human life. I want her to grow old and have children like a normal human would. I love her more than life itself. I would do anything for her. But what if I want to be with her forever? What If I don't want her to die without me? I love her so much. I don't want her to leave. How can I be so selfish? I can't help myself she is my girl.

"Ok." I simply say not wanting her to notice how upset I am.

"I'm thinking to turn on my birthday, so we can both be seventeen forever." she says to me full of excitement. Oh crap! She wanted to do this on her birthday! I don't want this for her. She deserves a normal, human life.

Elena's POV

My birthday is tomorrow. Im turning tomorrow. I don't care how much it's gonna hurt, I will never want anything more than him. Not even life... or blood when I become supernatural.

The Birthday

Stefan's POV

Elena and I are in the forest. Everyone is enjoying her birthday. Jeremy put more work into it then I thought. There is over 50 people here. I'm sure that she only knows a handful of these people. Everybody is getting drunk near the balcony. Jeremy must've put up his mini bar. Classic. This is the perfect time to go to the forest. I don't want to turn Elena but, its what she wants.

"Are you okay?" Caroline said taking me out of my thoughts.

"Uh...yah." I said still in middle of my thoughts.

"Elena said she wants you to go to the spot." Caroline saying while pivoting her heel going back to Tyler. The spot that she a was referring to is obviously the forest. I can't help but regret agreeing with her. I love Elena so much. A part of me wants her to stay her normal human self. The other part of me wants her to turn and never let me go. How can I be so selfish with the girl I love.

I walked toward the forest trying to sense Elena. The forest near her house is larger than I thought. I finally sense her beautiful vanilla scent and spot her next to the Lockwood Cellar.

"You look scared." I say with no emotion at all.

" Stefan, I'm letting my boyfriend turn me into a blood feeding person. I am basically going to be dead. I am going to stay this way forever. What's not to be scared about?" Elena replies to my comment. We both glare at each other and enter the cellar.

Elena's POV

"Ready?" Stefan asks me. I can tell he wants this and doesn't want this at the same time.

"Ready." I say reassuring him. I am so hungry. I should've eaten breakfast. This is my last day a human.

"I love you." I say simply taking my last breath as a human. He bites his wrist and I feed. He touches my neck slowly and then it all goes blank.

Stefan's POV

"I love you." was what she said last to her normal life. I knew I had to face the consequences of turning her. I'm sitting in my room quietly waiting for her to wake. She looks so perfect laying there on bunches of leaves. My thoughts get interrupted by movement in the forest. It's dawn, who would be out at this time? I feel a gust of wind push by me. I quickly whip myself to turn to where Elena was laying. She's gone.

Author's note:

Sorry it took so long to update! I made it really long because of the amount of reads I'm getting. I hope you enjoyed this LONG chapter, if you did please vote. Yes, I did change the title AND the cover. Anyways please comment, vote, and read! Love you all!

~