Epilogue

It's been five years since I last saw Jared.

His final words still live in my head. In my heart. 

For some reason, I haven't been able to let him go. 

I went to Spain that summer and then came back in the fall to study at Brown University. After graduating last year, I formally took over my parent's company that once went bankrupt. 

Jared kept his promise and helped my parents come to the States. They've become better and much more supportive of my life decisions. 

I eat brunch with them every Friday. 

Tim proposed to Liza and they're getting married after she graduates college. I still hang out with her from time to time but we never mention Jared. 

I thought things would be awkward but things actually went great. 

Apparently after I left to Spain, Jared called off the wedding, stating that he was too young and had a change of heart. The shareholder's acknowledged him and made him the CEO of the company. 

Jared doesn't live in Providence anymore. According to the news, he lives between New York and London.

He graduated and just finished his Masters at Cambridge. 

I don't know why I keep tabs on him but it makes me happy to see him turn out to be so successful. 

After Jared left my life, his friends also disappeared and stopped talking to me. 

I still have Jaxon on Instagram but the rest of them ghosted me. 

Will went to study in Singapore while Asher moved to Paris with his family. 

Jaxon frequently flies between London and New York for his parent's business. 

It's crazy how different our lives are now. 

We were all once close but now we don't even acknowledge each others existence. 

As for Amelia, she found peace with Liza and decided to stay and support her. She closed her shop in Paris and permanently moved to Providence to be with Liza. She often invites me over for brunch and I will say she's completely changed and much more nicer now. The truth set her free. 

As for Beth, Liza told me she died in the hospital after getting stabbed at the mental asylum. Apparently, Jared sometimes visits her grave when he's feeling stressed. 

Blair was found guilty of assault but her parents paid her bail and sent her away to France. Harry, on the other hand, was set free but his reputation was tarnished. The rumors say that he took his fathers savings and moved to Canada to start a new, quiet life. 

The past five years have changed each one of us.

I'm glad we've all found peace.

However, my feelings for Jared still linger. Somehow they grow stronger as time goes on. 

I guess I really did love him back then. 

I still love him. 

I wish I wasn't so rash with my decision .

I sometimes wonder what my life would be like right now if I had married him back then.

Would we be happy? 

Would we have kids?

Crazy to even imagine. 

I wonder if he still likes me. 

The phone ringing in the distance pulled me out of my distracted thoughts. I closed my diary and answered my phone. 

"Hello?" I asked.