Chapter 22

When we returned to the room, the guys were sitting on the couch watching a movie while quietly talking amongst each other. 

"What are you guys talking about?" Liza asked as she placed the tray with beverages on the coffee table and seated herself on a vacant arm chair.

I silently made my way over to an empty seat on the couch and listened in on the conversation. 

"Asher's ex is back in town," Jaxon said while picking up a Sprite can from the table. "She's coming to school tomorrow."

Asher rolled his eyes at him. "They don't need to know about my business Jax."

Jaxon shrugged and sent a wink my way, taking a sip of his soda. 

I chuckled to myself and crossed my leg over the other. 

"Whose your ex?" Liza asked casually.

I saw Asher scowl from the corner of my eye. He made no effort to say anything and just stayed silent. 

Then Jaxon replied. "His ex is Emma Rosenberg. She was with us at Cambridge but it seems she's coming back."

"Wait, Rosenberg? Is she related to Anna Rosenberg?" I  abruptly asked, shocked. 

"You can't keep your mouth shut can you Jax!" Asher suddenly said furiously, standing up from his seat. He buttoned his suit and glared at Jaxon. "Stop telling everyone my business."

With that, he left the room and made his way to the elevator. When the doors opened and he left, the room emerged into a deep silence until I broke it, curiosity getting the best of me. 

"So Emma Rosenberg? Is she related to Anna?"

"Yes," Jared suddenly said, surprising me by speaking up.

"Oh," I gasped. "I've known Anna since I was a little girl. How come I've never heard of Emma?"

"They're twins," Will said without removing his eyes from the movie that was playing. "But they don't get along. At all. That's why Emma left with us to England. They've gone to different schools since they were children. But everyone knows about Emma, I think you just never cared enough to notice."

Wow. Rosenberg twins. I would hate to be their parents. 

"That's crazy. I hope Emma isn't a bitch like Anna," Liza said, folding her arms in front of her chest. 

"Emma and Anna are both super bratty and spoiled. Emma is nicer compared to Anna but she can act like a bitch at times. The only big difference between them is that Emma is super smart," Jax said, taking another sip of his Sprite. "Those two twins are something else."

"So why did Asher and Emma break up?" I asked while grabbing a soda can from the table. 

Jaxon was about to answer but Jared interjected and stopped him. "That's not our story to tell Jaxon." 

Jaxon held his hands up and said nothing. "Alright I'll stop."

Will grabbed the remote and turned off the tv. He stood up and picked up his jacket. "I got to get going. I've got work to do." 

"I'll go too. Enough fun for a day!" Jaxon said, standing up from his seat. 

Both guys waved and then left. 

Jared silently got up from his seat and went into his office, slamming the door loudly. 

"Looks like he's in a bad mood," Liza declared, laying down fully on the couch. 

"Yeah. That's what it seems like," I said, stretching my legs and placing them on the coffee table.

 "So why do you think Emma and Asher broke up?" Liza asked, flipping over on her stomach and looking at me.