Chapter 25

It was the second week of April, meaning it was time for Spring Break. 

Jared and I had barely spoken since our last interaction in his office. I would avoid eye contact at all costs while he would simply ignore my existence. He would leave before I woke up and come back after midnight. 

I didn't need to know where he was or what he was doing, as long as he stayed away from me.

I drove to school myself everyday like I used to and pretended my life was the same before Jared ruined it. 

Liza and Tim were getting closer as friends, but I suspected there were some hidden feelings between them. Jenna and Emma sat with us at lunch from time to time, but Emma was too busy trying to win back her ex-boyfriend to ever have a closer friendship with us. Jenna on the other hand was quiet, always reading a book with her head down, too reserved to talk with us. 

Serra, my former best friend, disappeared from my life as the weeks went on as she chose to blatantly cut me out of her life and hang out with Anna. 

The past few weeks were rough but it was finally spring break, which meant I could finally let loose and relax. 

My parents invited me to join them in Italy on the Amalfi Coast so I was pretty excited to be heading out to see them. Even if we fought all the time, I know they still loved me and cared so I took this opportunity to just unwind and have fun with them.

I packed the last bag on the floor and propped my two suitcases up against  my bedroom door. 

I grabbed my purse and turned off all the lights before heading out and locking my door. I didn't want Jared getting any ideas while I was gone. 

The penthouse was always empty since Jared was never home, so I didn't have to worry about sneaking out or making too much noise. 

"Linda, can you help me with my bags?" I shouted from the top of the stair case. 

A few seconds later, I saw her rushing towards me, a big smile on her face. 

"Ms. Julia, give me your bags," she said as she took the big suitcase from my hands and started carrying it down the stairs.

"Thanks Linda. After I leave, you can take a break for a week."

We reached the bottom floor and Linda gave me a hug. "Of course sweetie. I will be visiting my daughter in Poland this week!"

I threw her a warm smile and grabbed the suitcase in her hand. "That's awesome. I hope you enjoy your time there."

"Same goes for you. What about Mr. Jared? Is he going with you? I haven't seen him in the last two weeks," Linda said with concern, raising one of her brows.

I rolled my eyes and waved her goodbye. "Don't worry about him. He's a big boy, he can handle himself. I have to get going now. My flight leaves in an hour."

"Okay Julia. Be careful." She waved goodbye as I took my belongings and exited the penthouse and entered the elevator. 

Just then, my phone started ringing.

Checking the caller id, I resisted the urge to block the caller. 

Jared.

"Hello?" I answered in a grim tone.

"Where are you?" his icy, stone cold voice said.

"Why?"

"Stop being annoying. Answer my question!"

I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

"You know what Jared, why don't you just leave me alone. You've been doing a good job at it for the past three weeks!"