Chapter 8

"What do you want Rosenberg?" I spat in vexation.

Jared just moved a few inches away and held a blank expression. 

The annoying girl smirked at me as she crossed her arms while strutting her hips out. 

"Oh nothing. I was just curious what you two were up to," she remarked, quirking one of her perfectly trimmed eyebrows. 

"I have to say, I was quite shocked when Robert Cunning announced your engagement last weekend. But why should I be surprised, you always find a way to insert yourself into every situation!" she snarled at me, pointing a finger my way. 

I clenched my jaw and took a deep breath to calm myself. Rosenberg always found a way to bring out the worst in me.

"Listen you slut!" I exclaimed, walking up towards her. "I don't give a fuck what you think of me!  I'm not like you. I don't care about attention. And I definitely don't care about Ja-"

The sudden hand on my back made me stop short and gasp. 

"We're engaged, remember? Don't blow this!" Jared harshly whispered in my ear, now snaking an arm around my waist. 

I was at a loss for words. Anna was giving me a glare while Jared was burning holes in the back of my head.

What do I even say?

"Don't call me a slut, y-you whore!" she yelled. "You stole my spotlight! Jared! The Untouchables! You took away my popularity you selfish bitch."

And then she slapped me across the face.

It took me a minute before I completely registered that Anna had slapped me. 

"Don't do anything you'll regret!" Jared slowly whispered, grabbing both my arms and holding them behind my back. 

To say I was mad was an understatement. I was furious. The slutty roach actually had the audacity to slap me. 

"Before I do something I regret, get out of my face!" I fumed. 

She merely just gave me a smirk. "What are you going to do if I don't leave, bitch?"

I inhaled and exhaled slowly. "You don't want to know!"

"Anna, I suggest you leave before you further humiliate yourself," Jared interjected in a stern tone. 

Anna gave him a heated glare, her eyes even seemed to turn a shade darker.

"I can't believe you'd pick this piece of trash over me Jared. I thought you'd have more taste," she spat in disgust.

The nerve of this girl!

"The 'piece of trash' you are referring to me is my fiance. I suggest you address her with more reverence."

Anna Rosenberg actually rolled her eyes. At Jared. An Untouchable!

"I was so happy when I heard you'd come back. I thought we would pick up right where we left off. I've been waiting since freshman year for you. You were my boyfriend and then you suddenly left without even telling me! Do you know how I felt? Losing my boyfriend all of sudden. Not knowing when he'd return!" she wailed while pointing her finger at him in anger.

"First of all, you knew I was leaving. Everyone did. And second of all, I was never your boyfriend. I have no idea where you got that idea from," Jared said in annoyance. 

"Yes you were! You kissed me at Asher's party!" she whined, throwing her arms in the air out of frustration.

Jared let out a dry laugh. "Are you that foolish? I was half drunk. I can't even remember what I did that night. A simple kiss doesn't make me your boyfriend."