Chapter 19

"He asked you to move in with you?" Tim asked as we headed to fifth period.

I shook my head and threw my hands in the air. "No! He commanded me to move in with him!"

"And?"

I gave him a bewildered look. "AND? Are you really asking me that?"

Tim shrugged his shoulders. "I don't see what the problem is."

I rolled my eyes and entered the classroom with Tim following me. "The problem is that he never even asked if I wanted to live with him. He basically gave me no say in the matter and expects me to readily accept."

"And are you going to accept?"

I placed a hand on my head and groaned. "I don't know. The situation is complicated."

Tim took a seat besides me and propped his legs on the desk. "Well I mean it's not like you have a choice. If your parents are living in Italy, you have to live with him here."

I pushed his legs off the desk in frustration.

"Hey! What did you do that for!" He huffed in annoyance.

"You're supposed to be helping me, not stating the obvious."

"Well I'm not really skilled in this type of conversation. That's Serras job."

There was a minute of silence until he spoke up again. "Well at least it was."

I sighed and ended the conversation. There was no use in asking for his advice. He was a guy, he wouldn't understand.

Taking out my books, I started taking the teachers notes.

~
After the conversation we had the night of the gala, Jared didn't speak to me. He didn't utter a word on the plane ride back. He locked himself in his study when we returned to the mansion. He even got Asher to take me to school.

Since we've been back, he's been skipping the classes we have together. He texted me during lunch that he'd pick me up so this was my chance to confront him and break the silence.

When the final bell rang, I said my goodbyes to Tim and ran out to the parking lot to find Jaxon standing by his car, awaiting me.

I gave him a stern look and walked up to him.

"I thought Jared was picking me up."

Jaxon gave me a smirk and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Disappointed to find the wrong man waiting for you?"

I rolled my eyes and smacked his shoulder. "Shut up and get in the car."

He did as I said and soon we were driving deep into the city.

"So where are we going?" I asked casually, looking out the windows.

"I'm taking you to see the man of your dreams."

"What?" I asked dumbfounded, confused by his response.

He sent me a cheeky grin. "I'm taking you to see Jared."

"Oh."

And then the realization hit me.

"Wait a second! Jared is not the man of my dreams you idiot!"

"Hahaaa, I was waiting for you to catch on to that."

"Don't ever say that again!"

"Tell me Julia. Jared is the perfect candidate to qualify for the 'man of your dreams' list. Why do you say otherwise?"