Chapter 10

My heart dropped at Namjoon's words and I instantly thought of the worst scenarios. Something happened to one of the guys. They needed me to leave. Someone had found out who I was. Trying to keep my voice calm, I spoke. "What... what kind of bad news?"

Namjoon sighed. "The water pump that was supposed to come in is delayed because of unforeseen inclement weather conditions. It's going to be delayed by another ten days."

Although the news wasn't as bad as I had imagined it would be, I knew it could always be worse. "Oh no. I can... I can move to a hotel for the time being."

"Absolutely not. We all... we all enjoy having you at our home and we would like you to continue staying with us." Namjoon's voice was firm and I knew he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"Are you sure? That's still a pretty long time." I loved being at the house with them, making sure their rooms were clean and their bellies were full. I would have been sad to leave, but would have with no question if they told me to.

I could hear the smile in Namjoon's voice as he spoke. "We're entirely certain."

I hesitated for a moment but knew I didn't want to leave just yet. "I do appreciate it Joon."

Namjoon coughed awkwardly and I could sense the blush in his cheeks. "It's no trouble at all. However, I must return to work. I will see you tonight."

We said our goodbyes and after disconnecting the call, I set my phone down on the table. I knew I would have to call Carrie and update her on the situation, but I also knew she wouldn't be happy. She was upset enough already with me staying with seven men and I knew telling her I would be here for another ten days wasn't going to go over well. Especially if I told her about Jimin sleeping with me last night. Nah. Maybe I will just keep that to myself for now.

Bracing myself for the tough conversation, I picked up the phone and called my friend. After a couple of rings, the call connected and I heard her happy "hello?"

"Hey Carrie." I hesitated before continuing. "Um... I've got some news about my car."

"Ugh... don't tell me. It's going to be delayed, isn't it?" Carrie's voice was filled with annoyance and I could tell she didn't want me here any longer than I needed to be.

Not surprised by her astuteness, I smiled. "Yeah. By another ten days. One of the service guys told me that the pump is currently being delayed due to weather conditions."

A sigh from the other line had me feeling good that she was worried about me. "I really don't like this. Not one bit. I don't like the idea of you staying with a bunch of men you don't know, in a place that's in the middle of nowhere. Let me send my cousin to come get you. That way you don't have to stay. He'll bring you back to pick up your car when it's ready."

"No. I don't want to take the chance of anyone coming here. It's too risky. There's already enough risk with me being here, with me staying here with them. I don't want to drag anyone else into this mess and take the chance of it being connected back to you."

Knowing I was right, Carrie sighed again. "Damn it. This is a crappy situation. This was not the way our plans were supposed to work out. Not at all. You were supposed to be with my cousin by now and everything was supposed to be fine."

"I know, but I... I just have to make the best of the situation. They really... they really are nice guys and the house I'm staying in is beautiful. I have my own room with its own bathroom so there is nothing to worry about." I didn't tell Carrie about Jimin's sweet request last night, knowing it would only make her worry even more than she already was. She already believed heathens surrounded me.