Chapter 11

That evening after dinner, Yoongi surprised me by approaching me with a bottle of wine and two glasses. "Would... would you like to go sit in the back with me? Have a glass of wine?" He gestured towards the bottle and glasses clenched in his hands. "It's... it's still really nice out and we... we can get to know each other a little more."

Wanting to spend time with the sleepy man, I hurriedly nodded, taking any opportunity to let him open up to me. "Sure. I would love that." Yoongi gave me a smile then tilted his head in an indication for me to follow him. We went out the sliding glass doors to the back patio and he led the way over towards the outdoor kitchen.

We took seats on the comfortable patio furniture, a wicker set with soft dark blue cushions. Sitting next to each other on the sofa, Yoongi set the glasses on the table then leaned forward and poured us each a glass of wine. He handed me my glass, watching carefully as I took a sip. It was a sweet red and I nodded happily. Yoongi continued to watch me, swirling his wine around in the glass and I could see he had something on his mind, something that he seemed almost hesitant to bring up.

"Do... do you like Jimin?" The question came from nowhere and I couldn't help but stare, my mouth open and my eyes wide.

"W-what do you m-mean?" I knew my stuttering gave everything away, but I couldn't help it.

Yoongi flashed me another smile, full of warmth and kindness. "I'm not asking to be rude, but... but I think he likes you. He's always so clumsy and a little awkward, weird around women; however, today he was different. He was... was humming and happy, smiling all day. I think it has something to do with you."

The mention of Jimin brought to mind the memories from last night, the handsome red haired man that slept in my bed, holding my hand tight to his chest throughout the night, his kind gesture of making me breakfast. I knew I couldn't deny it. I did like him. In fact, there was something about each of them that drew me in. "I... um... I mean I don't really know him very well. I don't really know any of you."

Yoongi nodded and I could see he was thinking about what I said. "Would you like to? To get to know us, I mean?" His question was soft and it made me wonder what else was on his mind. His eyes were completely unreadable, his expression giving away nothing.

I ran my finger around the rim of my glass, lost in thought. Over the last few days, I had been able to see glimpses of their personalities, the love they had for each other, the closeness that they all shared. "You're all so interesting. I've... I've never met a group of people who care about each other so much. It's refreshing to see honestly."

Laughing out loud, Yoongi nodded his head. "It's funny that you see it that way. Most people think it's odd for seven grown men to live together. They usually assume something else." At his words, I blushed and he narrowed his eyes at me. "You thought the same thing, didn't you?"

I shrugged, not wanting to admit it. "Um... not for long. Jin clearly dislikes me and I thought... thought that might be the reason." Mentioning the other man made me wonder what it really was about me that he didn't like. Was it because he knew who I was? Did he think I had some ulterior motives in mind? Did he think I was going to cause harm to come to them? I just didn't know and the knowledge of that worried me. Was he going to tell them who I was? Give everything away? I wanted to tell Jin the truth about what was going on, but I didn't think he would even give me the chance to explain.

"Jin is... protective. There was an incident with Kook and ever since then, Jin has been... Let's just say he will destroy anyone who even thinks about hurting one of us." Yoongi's voice was serious and the underlying fury in it sent a shiver of fear racing through me.

His words made me wonder about what had happened to the shy younger man. Jungkook was so sweet, so bashful that it made me sick to think of anyone hurting him. "I'm sorry to hear that about Jungkook."