Chapter 12

After Jimin's sweet words from the night before, we had talked for a little while longer before falling asleep. When I woke up right before the sun rose, I was surprised to see Jimin still in bed with me. My hand was still held tightly in his and he had unconsciously moved closer as he fell deeper into sleep. He was still asleep and looked so unbelievably soft and sweet, I couldn't help but stare. He really was one of the most beautiful people I had ever seen and his gentle personality drew me in like a drug. A sudden movement behind me had me stiffening and I tried not to squeak when I realized there was someone else in the bed with us, someone I hadn't known was there.

The unknown person was far enough away to be respectful, to allow me to have my space, but I could still feel the heat from his body that was close to mine. I didn't want to move and give away that I was awake, so I stayed still and silent. After a moment, Jimin's eyelids began to flutter and I knew he was waking up. I quickly closed my eyes and tried to even out my breathing, not wanting him to know I was awake and get caught staring at him. I knew he was becoming more comfortable with me and I wanted to keep it that way.

A soft gasp from Jimin almost had me flinching. "W-what are you doing in here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." The voice behind me was deep, one I recognized immediately: Taehyung, the one who had been so kind to me from the beginning.

I could feel the hand in mine tighten and I knew Jimin was hesitant to speak up. "Um... I came in here the other night since I had a bad dream. And... and I just slept well with her. I like... I like being around her and she said I could sleep in here." Jimin's voice was soft and I had to hold back in the sigh of contentment when he reached up and gently ran a hand over my hair, the soft movement full of tenderness. "But what are you doing here?"

"I... I don't know." I could feel Taehyung shrug behind me. "I went looking for you last night after I couldn't sleep and I couldn't find you in anyone's room. I checked in here as a last resort and I... I saw you in bed with her. You like her, don't you?"

"Yeah. I do." Jimin's confession was soft, but filled with truth, with determination. "There's something about her that... that pulled me in."

Taehyung sighed, the sound coming out tired. "What are you going to do when she leaves in a week?"

Jimin returned the sigh and I could feel his free hand run over my hair again. "I don't... I don't know yet. I just want to get to know her. Maybe this could..." His words trailed off and it took everything in me to stop myself from begging him to continue, to finish what he was going to say. Pulling his hand away from me, I could feel Jimin sit up. "Come on. We've... we got to get to work." I felt a touch on my forehead, something as soft as a butterfly's wings and I knew he kissed me.

The bed behind me shifted and I could feel Taehyung getting up. "I don't... I don't want her to leave. I... I like her too." Taehyung's voice was soft, gentle, full of sincerity and it made me feel good to hear, good to know that he liked me.

"You're not going to tell the others, are you? About me being in here? About what I said?" The question was hesitant, full of worry. "I just... I don't want them to tease me about it. You know how they can get when they latch onto something."

Taehyung laughed quietly, the deep sound filling the room with soft noise. "Don't worry Jiminie. I won't, but you can't tell them that I was here either."

Jimin made a noise in agreement and I could feel his hand on my hair once again. "She's so beautiful. More beautiful than anyone I've ever met and she's just... just so caring. I want... I want her to stay, to not leave. I'm... I'm afraid of getting attached and then..." Jimin's voice trailed off again and I wanted to hug him, clear that sadness that was so evident in his voice.