Chapter 13

"No! That can't be true! I just can't believe it!" I shook my head in disbelief at Namjoon's words, not willing to trust what I had just heard, not wanting to believe the words that had just come out of his mouth.

"Yes. It's absolutely true!" Namjoon's voice was firm as he spoke. "I'm telling the truth."

I turned to the man in question. "Jimin? Is he really telling the truth?" Jimin blushed and I knew that Namjoon had been sincere. "Okay. So now you have to tell me what happened!"

Jimin went to protest, but Namjoon laughed and waved off the other man's worry. "It was his second year in college and my third. We had all decided to go to the same college, wanting to stay near each other. Kook had just arrived and the two of them decided to go out drinking. Jiminie wanted to show Kook around the town."

Hoseok and Yoongi started laughing again and I knew that both of them were somehow involved in the whole thing. Even Jin cracked a small smile but it immediately turned into a scowl when he caught my gaze on him.

"So Jiminie and Kook had too much to drink and they showed up at my dorm. Kook was a little more sober and he was holding Jiminie up. Apparently at the bar, Jiminie challenged some guys to a pool game. He lost and the bet was to give up their clothes. So he lost the final round and he ended up having to walk back to my dorm in nothing but his underwear and s-socks." Namjoon's voice broke on the last word and the room filled with laughter again.

Jimin buried his face in my shoulder and I could feel the heat from his cheeks through my thin t-shirt. He seemed to notice what he was doing and suddenly sat up, putting distance between us. I wanted to reassure him that it was okay, but I didn't want to increase his embarrassment any more than it already was. I remembered the conversation between him and Taehyung from this morning and I could instantly see how they loved to tease each other.

As I sat there listening to their conversations, I couldn't help but feel envious of all the love and adoration that was so clearly obvious in the room. There was no denying the fact that they cared about each other and deeply. Once again, it made me miss Carrie, the only real friend I ever truly had. Many nights Carrie and I had done the same thing. We sat on the sofa in my or her living room, laughing about the things we had done together, the places we had seen. We didn't have a ton of years of friendship between us, but it was long enough to create a ton of memories.

I don't even know how we ended up here, sitting at their kitchen table, beers in front of us, along with a selection of snacks. It had started out with just Namjoon and me cleaning up the kitchen. He had asked me to have a beer with him and soon the rest of them joined us, including Jin. However, I figured Jin was there more to supervise me and make sure I didn't do anything wrong. Hoseok had been the first to join us, pulling up a chair next to me when he came in. Jimin had come in next, quietly slipping in the chair on the other side of me. He had gripped my hand under the table and when I looked over at him, he gave me the sweetest, shyest smile.

Jungkook was currently sitting on the kitchen counter, Jin sitting in front of him on a stool and resting against his legs. The physical contact from Jin seemed to make the bashful man more comfortable and I had seen him smile at me, a tiny timid one but a smile nonetheless. Yoongi was sitting next to Namjoon, along with Taehyung. The scene was entirely too cozy for me and it felt as though I were intruding.

Feeling uncomfortable, I went to stand, but stopped when Jimin grabbed my hand. "A-are you leaving?" I went to confirm, but he quickly continued. "Please... please stay. D-don't leave yet."

Unable to resist the sweet man in front of me, I nodded and settled back in my seat. Jimin's cheeks flushed pink and it took everything I had to not kiss him. I wanted to feel those lips that look so incredibly soft against my own, but I just smiled at him instead. I looked up to see Jin staring at me, his eyes narrowed.