Chapter 22

Jin POV:

I sat there in the living room of the house I shared with my brothers, my head in my hands. It had been two weeks since she had left. Two long weeks since she walked out of the door and out of our lives. I knew the guys were still angry with me for the way I had spoken to her that last day, the way I had told her to get out, accused her of so many terrible things. It made my heart shatter to know I had been so wrong about her, so wrong about the things I had said.

As I sat there, lost in my own misery, I knew I needed to apologize. Although the rest of the guys were speaking to me, Jimin had been avoiding me and I knew it was because of the things I had said to him. I had broken him and it was the last thing I had wanted to do, something I thought I would never do. He was my friend, my brother and I had taken the hope he was feeling and dashed it to the ground. I knew he was in love with her. I could see it from the way he looked at her, the way he smiled at her. I even knew he was the one climbing in her bed at night. He had let her into his heart and I was the one who pushed her out.

Knowing I needed to make this right, I pulled out my phone and sent a text to the guys, asking them all to meet me in the living room. Would they forgive me? I didn't know, but I knew I needed to try. I needed to put aside my own foolish pride and admit I was wrong, admit that I had made a mistake, and admit that she had stolen a piece of my heart just like she had done to the rest of them.

Within moments, the sounds of doors opening and closing then footsteps on the stairs could be heard. I clasped my hands between my knees, trying to control the trembling, trying to get a handle on my nerves, the ones that made me stomach clench in pain. They were silent as they came in and I could see Jimin was avoiding looking at me. He sat down on the sofa next to Namjoon and Taehyung. Taehyung put a protective arm around his shoulders and I could see he would go after me if I said anything that might considered to be an attack on Jimin.

"Um... thanks for coming down. I... I wanted to talk to all of you." I hesitated for a moment, looking at their faces, but there was nothing to indicate that they were going this any easier for me, which I knew was something I definitely didn't deserve. "I... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I said about her, about how I acted towards her." I looked over at Jimin, who was leaning against Taehyung, his eyes on the hands he had placed in his lap. "And I'm so sorry Jiminie for the way I spoke to you, the way I acted. You're my brother and you didn't deserve that."

Jimin nodded, but said nothing and that simple movement made my heart ache. I knew he was still angry, still hurt and it would take more than a simple apology to make things right. I knew I would have to tell them the truth, tell them the whole story.

Taking a deep breath, I ran a hand over my face. "I... I knew who she was the moment she walked in the door of the diner. I knew her because I had... I had fallen for her months ago."

Yoongi POV:

Whatever I had been expecting Jin to see, his confession was not it. "You what? What the hell are you talking about?" I felt bad speaking to him that way, but his words had stunned me.

Jin smiled wryly and nodded at me. "I... I saw her on television about eight months ago. She was... she was at an opening of a new restaurant, something her parents had bought. They weren't able to attend so she did in their place. She gave a small speech and I... I was drawn into almost immediately. I searched everything I could about her, about who she was." Jin's cheeks flushed as he looked down, his hands twisting together.

"Why didn't you say anything to us?" Hoseok's tone sounded accusatory and Jin's cheeks turned even redder, his shame clear in his face. "Why didn't you tell us what you knew before you attacked her like that?"