Green

Day Idontknowwhich of #CLOYTOBER 😬

Thank you soooo much for your support, these past few days have been crazy but I'll make sure to reply to everyone on the last 2 entries ❤️

***************

"Miss Seri?" 

She almost winced. Her name sounded decidedly different when said by a stranger. The background of classical music and the rumor of the conversations were not enough to calm her nervousness this evening. 

Her Swiss counterpart gave her a stiff smile. 

"The North Korean delegation has arrived ..." 

She felt her heart race and took a sip of champagne to soothe her nerves. 

Ri Jeong Hyeok. 

They had left each other a few hours before but it seemed like an eternity. Even though he was a permanent teacher in Switzerland, his country remembered him at least once a year, ironically during the festival organized by Queens Group and Seri's choice. He was assigned each year to welcome and accompany the delegation of young North Korean musicians. 

And at parties like these, they had to pretend to barely know each other. 

Which was all the more absurd since they lived together. 

But the sacrifice was so little compared to a life by his side that Seri never complained. This year though was special since the head of the delegation was also someone close to the leader, and Seri knew they had no room for mistakes. 

It was an evening. One evening out of 365 days together. Everything would be fine. 

She felt a look on her and she knew. 

Looking up from her glass, her gaze met his, and she felt a wave of warmth spread from her chest to the rest of her body. Even though there were a few feet between them, she felt as if she could feel the caress of his fingers along her arm, of his lips on hers, all in one glance. 

He was absolutely handsome, wearing a simple suit over a white shirt, with that little flag that marked his allegiance to his country.

She let herself be dragged towards them, but as the crowd cleared in their path, she paused before quickly pulling herself together and plastering her CEO smile on her face. 

Shiny, polished, and lovely just the right amount. 

Who was this young woman holding his arm? 

She felt her heart race and had to make a monumental effort not to betray herself 

She looked younger than her and was visibly North Korean. 

It's okay Seri, you got this… 

Did she have to hold his arm? It wasn't like she risked getting lost in a reception hall.

She's a kid, it's fine, it's okay… 

Maybe she couldn't walk alone? 

She scoffed and her Swiss counterpart turned to her, coming back to her with a frown. 

"Is everything okay, Miss Seri?" 

She blinked and smiled weakly. 

"Everything is perfectly okay. Let's go." 

Ri Jeong Hyeok stared at her as Seri bowed to greet the North Korean delegation. Until then, music had surprisingly been a common ground between the two countries, undoubtedly favored by the neutrality of Switzerland and by a certain truce between the enemy brothers.