Merry Christmas My Love

I'm wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and the best holidays ever. Take care and stay safe ❤️

*******

"It's itching ..." 

"Be patient..." 

"But it's itching... Why are you laughing?" 

"I'm not laughing..." 

Seri held back her laughter with great pain, pursing her lips, biting the inside of her cheek, while keeping her eyes down on the belt she was adjusting around his waist. Ri Jeong Hyeok narrowed his eyes at her, slightly annoyed. 

"Are you kidding me..." 

He took off his hat. 

"I'm giving up, find someone else!" 

Seri clung to his arm to hold him back and prevent him from leaving the classroom that was used as storage that day. 

"Ri Jeong Hyeok-sshi, you promised!" 

"No, you promised! I didn't promise anything at all!" he said, crossing his arms. 

"I promised knowing that you would never refuse for the children ..." she replied with wide fluttering eyes that usually could make him do anything. 

But as his gaze met his reflection in the mirror, he began to take off his jacket, shaking his head.

"I am North Korean, there is no Santa Claus in Pyongyang! I am a special forces captain!" 

“An ex-captain…” Seri corrected, meticulously buttoning every button he undid. 

"I wore the uniform for years ..." 

"This is also a uniform, sort of ..." 

"I am a pianist and a teacher ..." 

"And you're doing something charitable for a school ..." 

He paused and stared at her, looking both incredulous and desperate. Seri put her hands on his chest and offered him a smile. 

"Seri ..." 

"They had no one, the dad who volunteered broke his leg while skiing last weekend ..." 

"Lucky man ..." 

"What did you say ?" 

"Nothing..." 

Seri's hands slid down to his shoulders, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. She planted a light kiss on his lips and fixed her gaze on his. 

"Jin Ah was looking forward to this day so impatiently, she was so excited to go to school this morning, all she could talk about was Santa ... Do you really want me to announce to those children, including our daughter, that Santa Claus won't come? " 

Ri Jeong Hyeok closed his eyes, pursing his lips. He felt Seri's arms drop from his neck and he almost protested. 

"Alright. I'll tell them. I'll let you get dressed, I'll tell my mom she's going to have to babysit the twins a little longer ..." 

He looked at her without understanding. She pretended to put the red cap back in the cover and explained without looking at him.

"We're going to have to console Jin Ah ... At five, learning that Santa Claus isn't coming can be traumatic, she will need to process it, I wouldn't want her to hate Christmas when she grows up ..." 

"To hate Christmas? " 

"Of course, we 'll have to explain to her that it is not her fault, that it is not because they did something wrong..."