Parents

Happy anniversary Crash Landing On You, thank you for being a constant blessing for now 2 years ❤️

*******************

Since their daughter was born, Ri Jeong Hyeok had to admit that everything had changed. 

He and Seri didn't get enough sleep, or enough time for themselves. Meals were often cold. Some evenings and mornings were chaotic, sometimes they left for work with traces of dried drool or dried milk on their clothes. Seri worked a lot from their home, but she always kept clean clothes in her car just in case. And above all, they were running after time. 

Twenty four hours a day were never enough for young parents. Their little five-month-old tyrant punctuated their days with her needs and her moods. Changing, bathing, feeding, playing, listening to music. Everything they did revolved around their daughter. 

But it was worth it. It was worth every sleepless night, every mile walking in the confin of their living room cradling a teething and screaming baby, every minute worrying over a little fever or a running nose. 

Because everything was so much more beautiful. 

Shinier. Happier. More complete. 

He couldn't remember what his life was like before Seri, and couldn't imagine a life without Jin Ah. Her simple existence, her dimpled smile, her little fingers wrapped around his, it all made him feel more alive than ever. And he kept falling, again and again, tirelessly, irretrievably, in love with Seri. 

Seri who had given him a goal, who had brought him back to life by crash landing on him, Seri who had carried their child, Seri who gave him a daughter, a family of his own, Seri who was a wonderful mother and who was his whole world, their whole world.

A small noise, like a soft meow, made him bow his head and say softly. 

"Shhhh, it's okay, Jin-Ah-ya, go back to sleep, we're almost there..." 

Strapped to his chest by a baby carrier, their baby girl was dozing, her little legs and arms sticking out on either side. He put a hand against her back protectively and smiled with content. He could have taken the stroller that was in the car, but this was by far his favorite way to carry her. He absolutely loved having his daughter against him, feeling her weight and her warmth. Jin Ah was a miracle, the answer to prayers he had long given up on, the fruit of a love that wasn't supposed to be.

His hand still resting against Jin-Ah, he walked quietly towards the Jungfrau Victoria hotel in Interlaken. He paused for a moment to admire the snow-capped peaks in the background and the paragliders who landed more or less gracefully on the expanse of grass facing the hotel. 

Then he crossed the road and greeted the valets before going in, looking for Seri. The closer he got to the ballroom, the more the frenzy of preparations was palpable in the air. The music festival was approaching, and while Seri wasn't attending it in person, she was still managing the organization, behind the scenes. Ri Jeong Hyeok looked up at the hall's gilded ceiling, then smiled when he saw Seri in the back, talking with her Swiss counterpart. 

A few years earlier, he had come late to this very place, having had to deal with a last-minute unforeseen event with the North Korean delegation. He had gone to sit next to her, immediately enveloped by her perfume, by her presence, by the irrepressible urge to take her in his arms and to walk away from everything else. When she had held out her hand under the table, he hadn't hesitated. The feel of her thin fingers intertwined with his had been a deep shot of oxygen after long months of holding his breath.