Now And Forever

"You know that our baby can't hear you until 5 months, right?" 

He looked up at her and smiled, his hands still gently resting on her stomach, his face level with her navel. 

"I'm sure our baby is special and can already hear my voice..." 

She giggled and he continued talking to her stomach. 

"Isn't it? Appa has to be away for a few days, but I'll be back very soon... Be good, watch over your eomma, don't get her sick, and don't make her want to eat unhealthy snacks all day long... " 

She rolled her eyes. 

"And don't forget that I love you more than anything..." he finally breathed out, before gently placing a kiss on her taut skin. 

She bit her lip and fought back a wave of fresh tears threatening to overwhelm her again. He had been gone for two months, and they had survived, so a few days shouldn't be a problem, but still, she was feeling as if a part of her was being ripped away from her. What had become of her? She, who never imagined that such a love could exist, had been proven wrong again and again. 

He stood up and kissed her on the lips and then on the forehead, with the same gentleness.

"Be good, you too.... Don't try too hard, don't climb on the chairs, I've put everything within your reach in the kitchen and in the dressing room..." 

"Did you… You did that?" 

She swallowed the lump in her throat. He was making things difficult by being so caring and adorable, he didn't realize how much Ri Jeong Hyeok's character stuck to him. 

"And hydrate yourself well, avoid the hottest hours to go out, and..." 

She interrupted him by taking his hands. They were so warm and big compared to hers. She would miss them. 

"I'll be fine. We'll be fine..." 

He fell silent and sighed, his gaze sweeping her face as if etching every detail of her in his memory. He loved what he did, he loved traveling, but he loved her even more, and he didn't like the idea of ​​leaving her behind... But with her condition, the attention they drew wherever they go, and his busy schedule in Milan, that would have been unreasonable. 

He was going to miss her, viscerally. 

"Fine..." 

He hugged her, his throat tight, and inhaled her scent. He knew that she had slipped into his suitcase a small card she had made with their baby's first ultrasound, forbidding him to read it before arriving in Milan. 

But what she didn't know was that he had contacted each of her friends, asking them to watch over her, to distract her, to see that she took care of herself enough, and that she fed herself properly. 

He knew she would have protested, she had lived alone for years and had done very well, he knew she was strong and independent and that was one of the things he loved and admired about her. But she was his wife, the person he loved above all else, and she was carrying his child. He had always been very protective of her, he intended to continue.

She accompanied him to the front door, his assistant had already taken his suitcases and was waiting for him in the basement. 

"I love you..." she whispered. 

"Now and forever..." he finished, kissing her. 

When the door closed behind him, she remained still, standing in the hallway, one hand on her rounded belly, smiling softly through her tears. 

Maybe their baby was special and already hearing, she didn't know. But she knew for sure that he could feel how loved and cherished she felt, and how loved he was. She couldn't wait for their child to know what an exceptional man his father was.