yeodeoljae

"Was Lauren good? Did he do anything to upset you or did he tire you out with his rambles and... thoughts?"

Ah, so that's what she was worrying about. Before I could stop it, a chuckle escaped through my lips. This person was really strange. Instead of worrying about a strange person doing something to her nephew, she was actually worried about her nephew doing something to that person.

"Lauren is a very good child. He was cute and obedient. Shouldn't you be more worried about him, rather than me?"

"Lisa, you don't know but Lauren he... he is a... well a handful."

"A handful?" I asked in surprise. He didn't look that way to me. After all, he had been so quiet and reserved all the time. At that moment, it had completely escaped my mind how in the beginning he kept thinking that I am beautiful like an idol or how he decided to randomly pair me with his aunt.

"Yes, a handful." Jisoo repeated firmly. "He is a chatterbox and he inherited his father's hyped squeals and screams, especially when he sees something he likes. Ah!" Jisoo cried out suddenly, almost making me jump. "How did he react when he saw Leo?"

"Well, he did seem happy to play with the cat, but other than that he said nothing." I said pensively. Indeed, I could only hear those squeals of happiness only after touching his arm. He kept everything to herself.

"Huh?! Is that really so?" Jisoo asked, her turn to blink in confusion.

"Yes. He played with him a lot. I also bought him some robots and cars and so he won't get too bored if he didn't want to watch TV or read."

Jisoo remained quiet for a moment. Her face expressed extreme disbelief. I could also detect a peculiar glint in her eyes, like she was pleasantly surprised, but also something else, something odd that I couldn't quite explain. It baffled me and her gaze made my skin break into goosebumps. That she would look at me like that, what could possibly be the cause?

Before I could think further into it, Jisoo broke into laughter and shook her head.

"I'm relieved to know he behaved so well. Probably he was warned by Oppa or perhaps it was because you two are still not well acquainted. Either way, I am glad." She stopped and looked around. "Where is he? We should be going now. My house is quite far away from here and he still needs to take a shower and go to bed."

"He fell asleep while playing and I took him to the bedroom. It hasn't been long since he fell asleep." I said, pointing towards the bedroom door.

"Thank you, Lisa." Jisoo bowed her head, a smile still hanging on her lips.

"No need." I replied, looking away from her.

A strange feeling of softness crawled and scratched at my heart in that moment. Really, it appeared that this pair of aunt and nephew had the same effect on me. Giving me these warm and fluffy tugs... so unfair.

I followed Jisoo into the bedroom and watched how she tried to wake Lauren up. He kept groaning and frowning in his sleep, shuffling away from Jisoo's hands. It made my heart twinge with slight sadness, that he had to be pulled out from his dreamland so soon. Then, an idea popped into my head.

"Jisoo, what if you let him sleep here tonight?"

I admit, I didn't give it too much thought before I blurted it out, not realizing what having him staying overnight would entail. I just wanted to allow Lauren to sleep comfortably for a while longer.

At my words Jisoo stiffened slightly and her hands stopped while pulling at the blanket. She turned her head slowly, giving me a puzzled look.

"Lisa, are you sure? I mean I can't just..."