yeolduljae

After that incident with Hanbin, Jisoo kept a strange distance from me. Even when she came over for lunch, it seemed like she had an evasive attitude. She didn't cook or stay to eat with me, merely bringing over a bento and leaving immediately afterwards. She avoided looking me in the eye or talking about trivial stuff like usual. I also noticed that she didn't smile so much anymore, always having a gloomy expression on her face. The few times I tried confronting her about it, she simply shrugged it off as being busy or tired.

Well, if she didn't want to tell me, there was nothing I could do about it. Not like I could just read her mind and find out the mystery behind her abnormal behavior. But I had to admit that it made me feel rather upset. I kind of missed our talks during lunch, or her silly cheerful smile. Could it be that I had gotten used to her presence so much that it made her absence all the more painful? Previously, being alone was natural and felt comfortable, so why was it that now I was feeling so restless, like something was amiss?

Things continued in this manner for a week, until one Thursday night, when something ludicrous happened. Even now when I think about it, I still find it perplexing.

I had just finished taking a shower and was about to lie down in bed and read for a while, when I heard noises coming from the door. The cat and I both stared in the direction of the entrance as if we were expecting aliens to pop out of nowhere.

At first, I thought it might be some neighbor walking past my door and hitting it with something but when the noise kept going on and off, I decided to go and check it out.

I looked through the peephole but I couldn't see clearly. There seemed to be someone in front of the door, trying to use a key to unlock it. The small light on the corridor cast a flickering shadow over the person's face and then, to my utter surprise, I saw Jisoo's side profile.

Confused, I cracked the door open and was about to ask what was going on, when the door was pushed open and Jisoo strode inside my apartment like she owned the place. When she rushed past me, I could smell a strong scent of alcohol and cigarettes. So, it appeared she had been out drinking and had one too many glasses, which led her to mistake my house for hers.

She was holding a key in one hand, while brushing her disheveled hair with the other. Her scarf was askew and two buttons of her shirt were undone, revealing a good portion of her skin.

Jisoo's drunken gaze circled around the apartment several times, until it finally settled on me.

"Ah, this is Lisa. Why is she here?"

"Hah? This is my house, you idiot. Obviously, I'd be here."

"Why do I keep seeing her in front of me? This is bad, really bad. I keep dreaming about her and thinking about her so much that I see her face whenever I close my eyes and now even when I keep them open."

What?! What nonsense is this idiot spouting now? Has she drunk so much that her brain became mush and she cannot think straight? Or has she gone silly from overwork?

"Really, I know I like women but I'm so infatuated with her that it's beginning to scare me."

"Well, that makes two of us. You're really scaring me right now. So, Jisoo, please wake up and go home."

"No! I'm not leaving unless you come with me."

"Why would I go with you?! This is my house!"

"You have to come with me." Jisoo continued to ramble. "There are so many things I wanna show you. Being cooped up in this house all the time is not good."