ahopjae

Looking at the time I saw it was still quite early. Since it was barely 10 a.m. when Taehyung called, that left us with several hours to kill until the afternoon.

"Should we go somewhere?" Jisoo asked after hanging up.

Hearing her question, I glanced outside. The weather was truly marvelous. The rainy season had just begun, but outside the sky was clear and the sun was shining with a dazzling light. The air was warm and not humid enough to cause discomfort. In short, it was the perfect weather to go for a walk in the park or hiking.

"Lauren, do you want to go out and play?" I turned to ask him. Indeed, children his age would most likely prefer going out on such a beautiful day instead of being cooped up in an apartment.

Being addressed so suddenly startled Lauren. But he soon began smiling and pointed at the sky through the window.

"It's a beautiful day so I want to go to the park." He said smiling widely.

Sure enough, I was right. Then, the park it is.

We all got dressed and left the apartment. The park was a ten minutes' drive away from my place. This was one of the reasons I loved the location of my apartment. All the things I needed were relatively close.

Because it was the weekend, the park was packed with people who came out to enjoy the nice weather. There were families having a picnic, young people on bicycles, older people slowly walking along the lanes; everyone coming here with the sole purpose of refreshing their bodies and clearing their tired minds. Even I had to admit that I began to feel lighter the moment I started walking under the trees, breathing in the fresh air and watching the sun glittering like pieces of jewels through the leaves. Nature was beautiful, and just like animals, it gave me peace of mind and allowed me to unwind. Whenever I was in this type of scenery, I would always be able to let everything go, not think about anything; simply breathing was enough.

Not long after we started walking, Lauren noticed a person selling animal-shaped balloons. I saw him looking longingly at the colorful shapes and thought he was going to head over there. But a second later he stopped in his tracks. Could it be that I misinterpreted his look? At that moment it just so happened that I touched his shoulder and received the answer to my question.

Those are sooo cute. I wanted one, but... but I don't want to trouble Aunt Lisa.

Me? What about your Aunt Sooya, then? This train of thought made me curious, hence I decided to carefully place my hand on his shoulder. At that time, I didn't even realize that I was beginning to actively reach to hear someone's thoughts, something that would have been inconceivable until a few weeks ago.

Aunt Sooya told me that Aunt Lisa doesn't like crowded places. Maybe if I find a moment to tell just Aunt Sooya about the balloons...

There was indeed a big crowd of children surrounding the man selling those balloons and they seemed pretty noisy and lively.

"Jisoo, how about you go over there and buy us some balloons? One for each. What do you think, Lauren?" I glanced down at the boy and gave him a wink.

He blinked at me a few times, his mouth opening slightly but not saying anything. Lauren's surprised face was really cute and it caused me to smile from the bottom of my heart. I covered my mouth with a hand and let out a chuckle.

When I turned my head to look at Jisoo it was my turn to be surprised. She was gaping at me unblinkingly, her eyes staring so intensely that it made my face feel hot. Could it be that my words have startled her silly? What was so shocking about wanting to buy balloons for Lauren?