yeolnetjae

"What?!" I cried out in stupefaction. "But didn't you say that she would only accept it if others leave her? Why would she be the one leaving?"

"I guess with age she got stupider." Taehyung replied, clicking his tongue in dissatisfaction. "I had a conversation with her. She mentioned you and the fact that she did something to upset you. She's been beating herself up because of that this whole time. I don't know what happened; she wouldn't tell me. That's why I am asking you, Lisa, talk to her, please?"

I think you're more important to her than she even realizes. Lisa, you don't know how she speaks of you, or how her eyes lit up whenever you are brought into a conversation. I don't know if it's something more than friendship you two have, but I don't care about that. All I want is for my sister to be happy. And if you are her source of happiness, then I will love you as a sister as well.

Hearing this, I felt a blush rising to my face and my scalp began to tingle. If he said anything more than that, I probably would have jumped up from my seat and ran away. Luckily, he took his hand away. I glanced at him and when I saw the pleading look in his eyes, I couldn't help but sigh internally. This was a bit troublesome, especially since talking to Jisoo was so difficult these days, but if what he said was true and it had something to do with me, then I just had to do it. Besides, I was beginning to dislike this attitude of her more and more.

"Alright. I promise to talk to her. I can't say if it will have any effect, but I will try." I said solemnly.

"Thank you, Lisa! Thank you so much! You're an angel!"

Saying that, Taehyung almost threw himself at me. In order to avoid any other unnecessary physical contact, I simply raised my hand and shot him a timid smile.

"You're welcome. It's true that I also care about Jisoo very much. Therefore, there is no need for you to thank me so passionately."

"Right. Then, I'll leave everything to you." Taehyung beamed at me.

After this, we parted ways, each going in a different direction. While I drove back towards my apartment, I kept mulling over everything I had just heard earlier. All that stuff about Jisoo caused me to be a bit muddleheaded. I was the one who promised to take the first step and talk to her, but thinking about it now, my resolve was beginning to waver. I didn't know how to approach her and how to open such a sensitive subject. Particularly because we haven't been on such good terms lately. Should I send her a message or simply call her? Or was it better to wait until she comes over next time and try then?

Just as I was spinning all these ideas in my head, I noticed someone standing in front of my apartment door. That body frame and posture somehow seemed very familiar.

"Director Kim?" I asked hesitantly.

The man turned his head around and it proved I was right; the man was indeed Director Kim. He was dressed in casual clothes; a simple pair of cream pants combined with a white shirt and a light-colored jacket. His hair wasn't styled, instead it drifted naturally over his forehead, almost covering that pair of penetrating eyes.

"Miss Manoban." He greeted with a smile. "Do you have time to talk right now?"

"Uhm, yes, of course. Please come in." I said as politely as I could.

I stepped aside after opening the door and allowed him to enter my apartment. After I followed him inside, I began to feel flustered for some reason. Why was this person here? And more importantly, how did he know where I lived? I don't remember telling him that.