yeolyeoseotjae

Jisoo's inner voice was yelling loudly in my head, her thoughts pouring one after another, till my mind could no longer comprehend them. Then, I heard a timid whisper coming from her. The soft sound contrasted greatly with the loud echo her words had in my head. So different, as if they were two different people.

"I'm... no good, Lisa. I'm no good to stay by your side."

"Just as I thought." I said with a sigh, taking back my hands and releasing her face. "Those are not your true feelings, are they? Why aren't you being honest with me?"

"Lisa, what do you mean?" She stopped, realization dawning on her a second later. Her eyes widened and she looked downright frightened. "I thought you couldn't... I thought you couldn't hear..."

"I couldn't. Until now." I sighed despondently. "Taehyung said you have a tendency to run away but I didn't expect you to be this cowardly."

"Oppa? What did he..."

"It doesn't matter what he said or didn't say. What matters is what you yourself think and feel."

We stared at each other for a few moments. The silence stretched until I could feel the rising pressure stifling my breath and my throat tightened. I swallowed heavily and clenched my teeth. This was it! It was now or never! The next second I grabbed her by the shirt with both hands and yanked her closer.

"So..." I began, my fervent stare boring into her startled eyes. "How do you feel about me?"

"I... I..." She faltered.

"You. Yes you... You what?!" I snapped, shaking her.

At that moment I wanted nothing more than to continue shaking her until her brains rattled into proper order. It was the first time in my life when I was losing my composure to this degree.

"I like you!" She finally blurted out, gaping at me entranced.

I like you very much! Her thoughts followed.

Indeed, thoughts were still more honest than words, but it was better than nothing at all.

"Then, why are you running away from me? Why have you been avoiding me and why do you want to leave the company?" I fired question after question, still clinging tightly onto her shirt.

Her expression turned painful and her eyes watered slightly.

"But... But even if I like you, Lisa, you don't like women so I know you won't..."

"I never liked women before, I... I don't know but I like you!" It was now my turn to cry out.

I saw her eyes widening until they became round like saucers. Her mouth opened in a silent exclamation; her entire expression screamed astonishment and disbelief.

Seeing her so quiet and muddle-headed, my lips curved into a smile. I even let out a low chuckle.

"I know it must seem like a shock to you. Believe me, it was a shock for me as well when I finally realized my feelings. I never felt this feeling towards women. I spent so many years hiding myself away from people, hardening my heart until it became a block of ice. But ever since I've met you, Jisoo, I've changed. Bit by bit, slowly and gradually, like spring coming after winter, my heart melted and I began feeling things I've long forgotten. I don't know exactly when it happened but, along the way I have fallen in love with you."

I stopped to take a deep breath. Pouring out my feelings like that felt both scary and refreshing, creating a stormy mixture of emotions inside me.