yeolsetjae

That Saturday I received an unexpected phone call.

"Lisa-ssi, can you talk for a bit?" a man's voice asked cheerfully.

"Kim Taehyung-ssi?" I cried out feeling stumped. Just when did he get my phone number?

"Ah, so you recognized me." He chirped like a young boy. "That's good. I wanted to ask if you want to have lunch with me?"

Lunch, huh? I guess both brother and sister care very much about this meal.

"Of course. Just tell me when and where and I will be there."

He gave me an address and we settled to meet at 1 p.m.

"Then, Lisa-ssi, I will see you there in a couple of hours." He said before hanging up.

The place Taehyung chose was slightly farther away than the restaurant I went to for the meeting with Kim Hanbin. It was more like a bistro than a fancy restaurant. It served food and drinks and even had barbeque tables. I never would have expected a man like Taehyung to prefer this type of place. But I wasn't complaining. I for one liked it very much. The tables were small so only a few people could crowd around one, the place was large enough not to get too cramped and the service was good.

The moment I arrived, I saw Taehyung already sitting at a table.

"Taehyung-ssi, sorry for being late." Though I wasn't really late, I felt bad about letting him wait for me.

"No, I'm sorry for calling you out so suddenly. I hope I didn't inconvenience you too much."

"It's alright. I wasn't working. In fact," I said honestly. "I really needed a break so your call came at the right time."

"That's good then." He replied with a bright smile. "Come, let's order. The food here is amazing. I always worry about getting fat when I come here."

Halfway throughout the meal I began thinking that Taehyung was acting a bit strange. Despite seeming cheerful and talking about all sorts of things, he wasn't saying anything about the true purpose of this meeting and I was beginning to feel nervous. Therefore, I decided to bite the bullet and ask.

"Uhm, Taehyung-ssi, why did you want to see me?"

"My invitation might have come as a great shock to you, didn't it, Lisa-ssi?" He asked, placing his chopsticks down on the table.

"I was just surprised."

"I called you here today to talk about Sooya."

"Ji-Jisoo?" I blurted out in surprise.

"Yes. Lisa-ssi, I do not know what happened between you two, but Sooya has been acting very odd recently."

"I've noticed that myself." I lowered my head so he couldn't see my expression. "But why do you think it has anything to do with me? It might be due to work related stress or something else."

"I know, because I know Sooya. She never lets stress or anything else affect her so much. But when it comes to something important to her, she tends to lose her head."

"Lose her head?"

"Yes, you know when she was younger, we used to have a cat. But after a while the cat ran away. Sooya had been very attached to it and suffered greatly. She believed it was because she had something wrong, or that the cat wasn't happy with her. She kept blaming herself so much that she refused to eat anything or get out of her room. My parents were beginning to worry and they even considered taking her to the hospital. But just then, Sooya suddenly reverted back to normal. In short, it was like the cat episode didn't even happen. My parents decided to leave it alone and not probe further, but I was a curious child and I asked Sooya about this. I remember what she told me even to this day. She said 'It's alright if the cat is happy then it's ok to leave me. I won't force to stay if other party is unhappy.'"