7.Dead Grandma on the wall

A three-years old Artemis Black was sitting in her room reading 'Alice in Wonderland', when she heard screaming from downstairs. The screams of her mother. The little girl became frightened and went downstairs.

There Hera Athanasiou was sitting on the floor, her knees hugged to her chest. She was rocking back and forth muttering inaudible things under her breath.

"Mother?" Artemis asked frightened. She held her book so tightly that her knuckles turned white. Slowly she made her way to Hera, and when she was close enough she reached out for her, trying to touch her shoulder.

Hera once was a beutiful women, with a beutiful smile, and kind green eyes, her soul so pure no one believed her when she said she was sorted into Slytherin.

But now that beutiful hair is a mess, she never smiled, and her eyes were broken, beyond repair, her souls o rotten that her own flesh and blood barely survived.

"M-Mother?" Artemis called out again but this time Hera listened. Cold, long fingers wrapped themselves around Artemis' small neck and Hera looked her directly in the eyes, while squeezing the life out of her own daughter.

The only thing Artemis saw before passing out was a monster.

Artemis woke up gasping for air. She was sweating and tears were steaming down her face. When she finally calmed down she pushed the covers off her body and sat on the edge of her bed. It was 5 o'clock.

After she showering and pulling on a sweatshirt and a pair of leggings she opened her bedroom door to go down to the kitchen, but stopped in her tracks when she heard muttering.

For a terrifying moment she thought it was the muttering of her mother, and her heart was beating so fast, and drumming in her ear so loudly that she thought everyone could hear it all the way to America, but calmed down when she realised one, sad thing: her mother wasn't here.

That dear readers had more then one meaning.

The young Black being the curious person she is went to investigate. She followed the muttering until it became louder and louder and stopped in front of a portrait.

Artemis looked confused at the picture of an old women, which looked like a female, and older version of Sirius. And then it hit her.

"Grandmother?" Artemis exclaimed, quite shocked to say the least.

Walburga looked down to see who dared speaking to her, when she found a young women standing in front of her. More specifically in front of her portrait.

"And who might you be?"

Sirius woke up in his dog form and quickly transformed back. It was a habit of his to sleep in his dog form after having a nightmare. He would curl into a small ball and continue his slumber.

He finsihed dressing up and wanted to see if Harry was still asleep when he heard laughter.

Confused, he made his way to the sorce of the sound, only to find something far worse then his nightmare:
His mother and Artemis her granddaughter talking. Not only that they were laughing.

"And then I accidentally turned her into a toad. Even then she was aweful. You should have seen her face when she was changed back!" Artemis was telling Walburga how she turned Dolores Umbridge into a toad. But honestly she just showed her, her true self.

"Het away from her Artemis! She is a cruel and horrible women!"

Artemis turned to her father giving him an annoyed look. Why did he care now?

"Actually I was having a civilized conversation with her, right Grandma?"

Sirius was even more shocked when his mother smiled. She bloody smiled.

"That you are, dear." Walburga noticed Sirius shock and scoffed quietly. Her oldest son, for some reason, always looked like fish.

"Well...I should better go." Artemis have her newfound grandma a tight-lipped smile, before standing up from her spot on the floor. Sirius after recovering from his shock quickly followed his daughter to her room.

"I don't want you near her again, Artemis. Do you understand?" Artemis couldn't believe what she was hearing. In the few days she was here she realised one thing: Her father did not care about her. Why did he now? Was that him trying to form a relationship with her? No, he would have tried sooner. Besides he looked so terrified that the thought, that he would want to form a relationship was ridiculous, hilarious even.

"She is my grandmother! Besides whatever this women has done to you, she can change." Artemis tried to tell him. Walburga was the only one who listened to her. Sure, she was prejudiced but she put those aside for her, and only her. It made her feel important loved even. Was it silly? Yes. Was he desperate for love? Also yes. Is she regretting giving Wlaburga a second chance? Hell no.

"Monsters don't change." Sirius hissed and Artemis backed away. This sentence. It was the same sentence she used all those years ago. She continued her journey to her room and slammed the door shut leaving Sirius alone, confused and shaken up.

That is how Remus Lupin found his friend. The werewolf sighed, knowing the look on his face.

"What are you doing Sirius?" Remus asked skeptically.

"I am thinking."

"That is never a good sign." Both let out a low chuckle. After a moment of silence Sirius looked up from the ground to meet Remus' eyes and asked:
"Do you think I was too preoccupied with Harry?"

Remus didn't want to hurt his friends feelings, but he also knew that if his friend was confronted with the truth, that there maybe a chance for the daughter and the father.

"Harry has been through much, but you don't know your daughter. At all.", just now Sirius realized that he didn't even know in which house she was in, when her birthday was, why she lived with her Grandmother. Harry has been through much, but he was putting his daughter through something much worse: Abandonment.

"As much as she tries to pretend that it is okay, she isn't. She was hoping for a chance with her father..." Remus trailed of as he saw the look of guilt on his friends face.

"I need to fix this."

——Author speaks!
Look at that! Looks
Like Sirius has a brain
After all 🙄