10.Pluto's point of view

Pluto laid on his mistresses bed and was pouting if a human had to describe the look on the cat's face. Pluto was conflicted as to how he could help the sweet Artemis. Never had he been treated so gently by anyone, let alone love him. She gave him something he only ever had as child.

A home.

So the question was: How could he help his sweet Artemis without revealing his secret?

Suddenly the door opened and in came the person who just wouldn't get out of his head: Artemis. She was limping towards her bed and carefully leaned on the headboard. She wrapped her arms around her torso, as if she wanted to protect it. Pluto meowed, a scowl on his face as if asking: Where were you young lady?

Artemis chuckled slightly. She was already familiar with her cat's over-protectiveness. It was never less amusing.

"Sorry Plu. The next time I am going out of the room, I will tell you where I am headed." Artemis knew that Pluto couldn't understand her, except he could, but he was truly the only friend she had. Somehow she felt connected to the grey eyed cat. But sometimes when she looked closely she could see a bit of blue in his eyes. She truly had a curious cat.

Pluto crawled over to the girl's lap, feeling her warmth, and enjoying the feeling of her fingers running through his fur.

"You know...Sirius said that he didn't want me in the first place", Artemis swallowed down the lump that was forming in her throat. And even though she tried to hide it, Pluto saw tears forming in her eyes. Sometimes the cat just wanted to slap some sense into this idiotic man, but Pluto doubted that this would help. "He told me that it was a night which resulted into my existence..."One tear. "I truly believed that maybe someone wanted me...I had such high hopes." Two tears. "That maybe I would deserve a second chance." Three. "But I am just horrible. I am a monster."

Of course Pluto knew about the Red Room. It was an organization, which was found by the Russian general, Dreykov. He was a horrible man, who would collect girls who had no one like they were replaceable objects and turn them into weapons. He trained them to kill. But most importantly that they did not feel. Some of them, who pass the tests laid out of them become so called Black Widows. Those who do not get wiped out of existence. People who were dumb would indeed call the girls monsters. But Pluto wasn't dumb. He knew that it wasn't Artemis' fault. She was taken when she was five.

And it hurt Pluto greatly. When Dumbledore helped Artemis escape this horrible organization, she found Pluto in an abandoned alley. She took him in and treated him like a friend. Like family. She often wondered how the cat didn't grow old by now, or how it was still alive, but honestly she was just glad he did. He was everything she had. He listened to her when no one else did, and Pluto knew how much Artemis valued him.

However Pluto sometimes wished he wasn't a cat. That he could turn into a human and actually comfort the young lady. With words. Like she would do if she knew about his inner conflicts. But just like Artemis her presence was comfort enough.

With this thought Pluto took a nap. What? He was a cat! He could do what he want for Salazar's sake!