21.Natasha Romanoff

Artemis always knew she was going to end up in hell. What she didn't know was that the people who did were going to get a taste of it in this life.

At least that was her thinking on the plane. Mayne she was a bit dramatic, but it was in her blood so blame daddy dearest.

The hours on the plane were probably the worst thing that ever happened to her, and she's saying that depite the trauma.

Sirius kept thinking that the plane was crashing everytime it rocked a bit and was crying louder then the babies. To ridicule him, Artemis and Remus further he kept calling the staff and the same women kept coming, and the black-haired male forgot all about his 'very justified fears' and flirted with her.

That made Remus real mad and he tried to apologize to her everytime while she was flirting with him. Good ol' Remus didn't pick up on that though.

When they finally arrived in New York city, the first thing the young adult did was going to the ladies toilet.

At least here it was somewhat quiet except for the few rinse offs here and there.

"Okay, now that we're here we need to head to Manhatten to-"

"Hold it Artemis", her father cut her off, "We're in America for the first time! We want to explore a bit, kid. Right, Remmy?" Sirius used his nickname, knowing that the werewolf couldn't resist.

With a red face the taller man nodded numbly, and Artemis sighed. Their schedule wasn't all that full, and they had a week before they needed to head back.

"Fine."

"Yay!" He threw his hand up excitement.

"But!"

"Oh." Sirius deflated immediatly making Artemis chuckle a bit. When she noticed how Sirius smiled excitedly at her she tried to hide it by turning her head to the side and covering her mouth. But the elder Black was too elated to care. He had made his daughter smile.

"You're staying with me the whole time got it?" She asked looking especially at Sirius.

To be frank, Remus felt a bit awkward getting scolded by a girl that was like a decade younger then him or something. But he dedicated a sprouting fear in her eyes.

He figured that she felt a bit protective of them. After all, they're the ones she trusted the most and maybe even valued.

He had to admit after she had confessed about her horrendous past, he didn't know if they could trust her.

But seeing her now trying to protect them, all those doubts went flying to the south. Of course they could trust her.

She was just their little girl.

Hold it, what-?

"Yeah, yeah, okay mom." Sirius rolled his eyes, a smile still present on his face.

After they had checked in, Remus and Sirius got a room and Artemis got one for her own. She knew that Sirius wouldn't leave her alone the whole evening, so she let the door to her rented room open and decided to continue reading a mystery novel she brought with her.

And just as she expected Sirius barged into her room and plopped down on the couch, placed in front of the bed she was sitting on.

Remus trailed behind him, with an apologetic smile cast towards the girl, which she accepted with a gentle nod of her head.

While Sirius checked out the TV of the Muggles, Remus sat beside her gazing at the book she was holding in recognition.

"Oh, that's a good one. Know who's the murderer yet?"

"No, they're about to find out."

In the end they all fell asleep in her room.

Could've saved up some money...

---

When she woke up, Artemis immediately sensed that something was wrong.

Someone had been here.

Her suspicion was confirmed when she found a note, saying to meet up at the breakfast tables.

It was signed by with 'NR'.

"Well gentlemen, I wish I could've given a tour but it seems like that'll have to wait." She murmured as if both were awake at 6AM.

Going down the stairs she didn't meet a lot of people. There was only one elderly couple at the salon were they were offered many choices to put together their own breakfast. As she scanned the room further her eyes spotted a red haired women with her hood pulled up.

When their eyes met there was no doubt about it.

Natasha Romanoff was here.

Artemis was angry. She would've loved to attack her, here and now. But that meant endangering the slim chance of her knowing what happend to the Red Room and finding Yelena.

With a sigh she tried to collect herself and put se random stuff in a plate and marched over to Natasha not even bothering hiding her grim expression.

"Naw, don't make such a face, lil sis-"

"Don't call me that. What do you want." Natasha chuckled and leaned back in her chair the smug expression never leaving her face. Why should it? It was her façade after all.

And Artemis Black hated it and her to the core.

"Isn't the question what you want?"

"So you know why I am here."

Natasha shrugged making a 'meh' sound. "I have a hunch."

"Please, don't be so humble." Artemis mocked. "Youbknow exactly why I am here. So tell me, Natalia." She was the best of the best. But her Russian name still made her tense up and she hated it, that it was coming from her.

Unlike Artemis Natasha didn't hate her at all. But what was done, was done.

"I destroyed the Red Room."