20.Agreements

Artemis was searching frantically around her room, cursing every time a drawer closed without any luck of finding her desired object. Her cursing was so loud that it interrupted the order meeting.

But to be frank nothing was being said in the kitchen. It wasn't like no one was there, no. Actually everyone part of it was there. Even Snape had been excused from school to attend that meeting.

While everyone stared at that cake that Molly had made before the meeting had started one thought ran through their heads: this us wrong.

But they knew it was coming. They knew it was inevitable. Especially two friends wished they could've prevented it. But she came off too much like her father. Too stubborn.

A triumphant "Aha!" could be heard followed by footsteps eagerly coming down, no flying down the stairs before Artemis appeared in the kitchen door frame.

As the grey-eyed young adult entered the kitchen her eyes wondered around the room, seeing how no one noticed her.

They were all focused on the cake.

"Uh, guys...you can eat it, you know? No need to stare at it like that." It was creepy but she left that part out.

She knew why the atmosphere was so dull. Well, to be more specific why it was duller then most times.

"You can't stop me."

Artemis let out a sigh. Why did they have to make such a fuss out of it? Sure, she's never done rescue missions before due to her mainly not rescuing people and rather destroying their lives, but it wasn't like it was that hard.

Even Dreykov had to have a weak point. Everyone does.

Without another word she turned around and went out into the street. It was dark, the lamplights the only thing making Artemis able to see.

But before she continued her journey she turned around facing 12 Grimmaulds place, or rather where the place where it was.

She had to do this. Even though she enjoyed her time there (kinda) and she finally got to know her father (kinda), it was selfish. Selfish to enjoy all of this on her own. It was selfish of Artemis Black that she could be free, that she could make her own choices while others who were literally no different then her had to suffer from the horrors she escaped.

"What can go wrong."

And with that she left her temporary home.

Unbeknownst to her someone was following her.

But she didn't notice until she arrived at the airport. The muggle airport to be more specific.

From the corner of her eye she caught the movement of somebody, a man probably, and instantly had her guard up.

Why was a man there? Did Dreykov already know she was coming? He was working work with the death eaters. Did he send spies after her?

Too many questions swirled in her hand that she needed answered. Now.

Without giving off any indication that she had noticed her stalker Artemis turned around searching for a place where there was nobody who could interrupt her little interrogation.

Once she spotted an empty office room -for workers who had to get their job done- she got in there.

For everyone else it looked like a normal thing to do. But the man following the young Black got the message instantly: follow me.

With a forming pit in his stomach he complied.

As soon as he did enter the office, Artemis saw practically unhinged. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

"Oh yes, scream louder please so all the Muggles outside can hear you. They'll think I'm assaulting you or something!" Came the man's sarcastic reply.

Sirius Black her impossible father stood in front of her in muggle clothes just like herself.

Even though the wizard was quite a muggle lover there was no way he had harboured those clothes at his childhood home. That idiot had planned that.

Out of nowhere another man appeared.

"Okay, so don't freak out-"

"What are you-? I thought you were the smarter one, Remus! Why-? I-" yeah, the two friends made her stop working.

Both adults sighed, feeling guilty (only one actually did that) for making the girl think they mistrusted her. And honestly this was exactly what was happening now.

But before any of them could elaborate Artemis' fly was called out. She had to go.

Well they had to go now, apparently.

Sending them off would be stupid. The only reason they made it here unscathed and didn't land in jail was because they followed her.

They thought of everything.

"Let's just go. You can explain stuff when we get there."

While Sirius grinned Remus gave a nervous and somewhat apologetic smile.

This was going to be like taking care of two six-year-olds.