Prologue

Third person pov

It was hotter than normal. The sun shined as if it was taking revenge for last weeks rain. Everyone confined to their house for the day except for a certain blonde whose cat had dropped all the stored water.

Katerina made her way out towards the well to fetch more water cursing her cat for making her go out on such a scorching day.

"Podyavolite!*", she cursed as she reached the well.

"Vreme za rabota. Nikoga ne moga da imam den, nali? Ne. Zashto da imam edin den? Edin den samo edin den, kogato ne mi se nalaga da si rabotya zadnika i-*".

However her little talk to herself was cut short when bells rang around the small town. Katerina looked around, alarmed.

"Kakvo se sluchva*" she asked herself before she was pulled by a strong force. She looked up to see Dmitri, her cousins forbidden love.

Not a word was exchanged between the two as Dmitri yanked her by the arm. They ran for no certain destination. Soon a grunt was heard from Katerinas left, she turned to see Dmitri on the ground with a knife down his spinal cord. She let out a yelp from the shock.

Aderaline pulsed in her veins from all the running. She had no idea what was happening. She looked at the source of the knife and saw a man dressed in foreign clothes.

"Tiranin!*" she yelled at the man and tried to run but soon crashed into a soft force.

"Maria" she looked at the familiar girl. Soon the neighbourhood was filled with the painful screams of Maria, who mourned her forbidden love.

"Mar-", Katerina tried to talk but was met with a sudden force on her cheek.

"Ti go ubi! Ti sŭshto ne zasluzhavash da si!*", was all she heard before falling into a deep pit of darkness.

Her blue eyes fluttered open from shock when her petite body met the cold water. She gasped and sat up, immediately regretting it as a painful shock ran through her head.

"Idiot-", she heard a voice. Locating the voice she found out it was from the girl in front of her. She glared at her.

"Don't glare at me or I'll rip those eyes out!", the girl said in Greek.

"Burn in hell", said Katerina in Greek internally thanking her grandmother for teaching her.

"Are you from Pilos?", the girl asked intrigued.

"No", Katerina replied but the girl had curiosity plastered across her face, "from Melnik actually", she continued.

"Ah! What's your name?", the girl asked again.

"Katerina Georgieva, and you?", even though Katerina was in no mind to talk to someone who just threatened her, her soft side won.

"Baffo, Cecilia Baffo", she replied proudly. Katerina simply nodded and looked around.

"Where are we going?", Katerina asked when she realized they were off sail.

"Istanbul", a foreign voice was heard.

"You- YOU TYRANT!", Katerina burst out at the man she recognized as the killer of Dmitri. He just rolled his eyes and threw a loaf of bread at her and continued with others.

"I WILL NOT EAT THIS!", Katerina said throwing the loaf at his face.

"Starve then", another foreign language.

"Get me off this ship.", she demanded. The man made his way back to the place he came from.

"I SAID GET ME OFF THIS SHIP CAN'T YOU HEAR ME YOU TYRANT!", she yelled making a girl or two flinch at the sudden outburst.

"Bitch-", the man stopped when an idea clicked in his head. He stood up and grabbed a rope.

"This will do it." He made his way towards the young girl.

"AWAY. STAY AWAY FROM ME IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO CRUSH THAT SKULL OF YOURS!", she threatened yet her insides knew she couldn't do such thing.

"You could've kept that mouth of yours shut for starters", Cecilia commented earning another glare from the blonde. She was tied to a pole of the ship against her will. She finally calmed when she realized no protest would work.

Hours later they reached Istanbul. Hours turned into days when they roamed around the city in hopes someone would buy them. When they finally reached the peak of their luck and stepped into the only palace where slaves turned into sultanas and ruled, The Topkapı Palace.

*podyavolite : dammit
*vreme za rabota. nikoga ne moga da imam den, nali? ne. zashto da imam edin den? edin den samo edin den, kogato ne mi se nalaga da si rabotya zadnika i- : time for work. I can never have a day, right? no. why should i have a day one day just one day when I don't have to work my ass i-
*kakvo se sluchva : what is happening
*tiranin : tyrant
*ti go ubi! ti sŭshto ne *zasluzhavash da si! : you killed him! You don't deserve to live either!