1.

Few weeks later

    "Where is it", I asked no one in general, "Come on I didn't lose it did I?".

    "Hatun what are you doing?", I heard a girl's voice. Looking up I saw Fahriye. She was a few years older than me but was the most strict girl I've ever met.

   "I can't find it", I reply but seeing the confusion across her face made me realize she had no idea what I was talking about. "The stone", I tried to explain but she cut me short.

   "Allah Allah, hatun how many times do I need to tell you to talk with sense. What stone are you creating a fuss on huh? Doesn't matters. Get up and clean the place.", she ordered.

   "But-", I tried to reason.

   "HATUN!", clearly I got the best of her. Heh.

   "Ok ok calm down you're always angry. You can have wrinkles you know. Maybe you have a heart attack from the shouting or maybe give someone a heart attack from the sudden outbu-", I babbled nonsense again.

   "HATUN I SWEAR I-", she walked towards me.

   "SORRY", I said in a not-so-low voice and quickly bent down to clear up the place. She stood there for some minutes which felt like hours but finally left when Hürrem sultan asked for her.

   "HER EXCELLENCY HÜRREM SULTAN", I heard Sümbül ağa announce after a while. We all stood in our respective places and bowed when she came in view. She gave a glance at all the girls. Upon her leave, everyone went back to their work excluding me who had no work to do. I sneaked out of the harem and made my way towards nowhere in general. Roaming around the castle I feared I'd get lost or bump into some high authority.

   "Everything is ready Sultana we can go to the tower", I dropped dead on my track and quickly hid behind the nearest pillar. "Sultana what if Hürrem Sultan creates a problem?", a female voice echoed. "It is necessary to be present at the sword girding ceremony who is she to stop me. You know the rules Gülfam", another female voice echoed. I prayed silently to not get caught and get in trouble. The women soon left the corridors. "Sword girding ceremony?", I asked myself and came back to my tracks after I was sure the coast was clear.

   I roamed around until I reached the kitchen. "Hatun!", I heard a male voice and stopped on my track. I mentally debated whether I turn or run finally turning to face a man with a tray of tea in his hands. "Take this to Hürrem Sultan", he told me and held out the tray in front of puzzled me.

   "Me?", I asked dumbfounded.

   "Yes hatun you who else is here Allah Allah be quick to take this before her majesty gets mad", he said handing the tray to me and disappearing behind the pots.

   Sighing, I made my way upstairs asking random people for Hürrem Sultans' chambers finally reaching it after a good few minutes. By God, this palace was another world. I stood there thinking about how to knock with a tray in both of my hands when the door opened scaring me.

   "Hatun! What are you doing!", I heard Sümbül ağa say and realized I had almost dropped all the tea.

   "Ai so sorry ağa but if you hadn't opened that door like that I wouldn't be sca-", I started with my blabbing when Fahriye kalfa came to view.

   "Sümbül what happened who is it-", she stopped when she noticed my existence, "Hatun will someone else come to serve the tea? Go in and serve.", she ordered and left.