11.

Next day

   "Hatun come you have to serve the breakfast to Hürrem Sultan", a kalfa said and left.

   I walked towards the kitchen and grabbed the jug of juice and joined the other girls who were to serve the queen.

   We walked in the chamber in a queue, starting from serving the food and ending in serving the juice, which was my responsibility.

   "Hatun wait", I turned back to locate the source of the voice.

   "I want another glass of sherbet", said a boy, who looked very similar to Cihangir.

   "Sure but how do I serve you another glass when you still haven't taken a sip of your first one?", I asked stating the obvious.

   "What do you mean how? Do I need to explain you your duties?", he said shifting all his focus on me.

   "Şehzade", chimed Sumbul aga, "Ignore this imbecile girl, I will order another glass of sherbet for you right away!", he said in his usual cheery tone.

   "No, aga, you won't", the boy said pushing the matter.

   I could feel everyone's gaze on us.

   "Hatun, go get a glass and serve the prince", the commanding voice of Hurrem Sultana rang in my ears as I walked to fetch a glass from the kitchen.

   The distance between the kitchen and her majestys chamber was too much and the familiar hallways were the cherry on top. I reached her majestys chamber with a glass of sherbet in my hand.

   "Here you go", I said serving the sherbet to the prince.

   "Took you forever. I thought you had no intentions of returning back", he started taking a sip of his sherbet.

   What's his problem?

   I made a disappointing voice. "So sorry Şehzade for being so late. Should've grabbed the glass from piles of glasses outside and not have gotten confused between the very different looking hallways", I said, sarcasm lacing my words.

"Hatun.", a girl with dirty blonde hair wearing a royal dress, maybe the princess, said. "Bayezid don't push the matter", she faced him.

   Oh so his name is Bayezid.

   "Me? Pushing the matter? Pfftt, never", he said with a little giggle.

   Ah yes saint Bayezid. What a joker.

   "But, this girl shall receive her punishment"

   The jug fell from my hand.

   Oh there goes the sherbet.

   Heads turned towards the source of noise, which happens to be me. But I couldn't careless about a fallen jug when I could possibly die.

   "What punishment?", I asked

   "Maybe they'll cut your tongue, or just simply, I don't know, behead you?", he said eating as if nothing had happened.

   What kind of man is he?

   "What-", I took a step forward. "What do you mean beheaded? You will get me killed over a glass of sherbet? What kind of monster you are?", I said taking short steps towards him when I felt a strong hand on my arm.

   Fahriye Kalfa stopped me before I could go any further and whilst I was coming back to my senses, a laughter filled the room.

   "Oh come on", Bayezid laughed. "I was just joking- why would I kill you for such small mistake?"

   What kind of joker jokes about someone's death?

   The shocked look on my face disappeared as soon as it appeared. I gave him an obvious nod.

   Oh the way I want to wipe off that smug smile off this jokers face.

   "Well obviously you're joking. I was just keeping up with your joke", I said as if it was true.

   "What is that supposed to mean?", he asked with no sight of proud smile.

   HAH

   "Bayezid eat up and get ready for your training", Hürrem Sultan said announcing an end to the argument.

   "As you wish my queen", he said with the most charming smile. Hell if I hadn't talked to him, I would be easily fooled by his charm.

   "Hatun do you want to spend the entire day here?", the queen ushered me to leave.

   "Excuse me Sultana", I bowed and walked out.

   What a lovely start to the day.