10.

I sat on a delicate surface. Cihangir walked towards me, his either hand holding a cup.

   "Here", he said, handing a cup to me, while sitting next to me.

   I took a sip of the sherbet. "Thanks", I said in a small voice.

   We sat there drinking our sherbets and gazing at the sky from his window. I placed my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on mine. His hand squeezed my hand. The soft breeze caressed our faces.

   A loud cry shattered the peaceful atmosphere: "SENORA"

   I woke up in a panic. I looked around to find myself in the harem. Girls ran towards a certain bed whilst a girl was frantically screaming out Cecelia's name.

  I got up in anxiety and made my way towards the center of attention.

   "Oh my-", I gasped in horror.

   "What's happening?", a man, who I remember from the feast, asked.

   He looked at Cecelia and started calling out for aghas and maids. He quickly wrapped her slitted wrist with a piece of cloth.

   "Kızlar! Go back to your places! Don't form a crowd!", a Kalfa ordered whilst the man carried Cecelia out of the harem.

   I went back to my bed. I tossed and turned but couldn't sleep. I sighed and sat on my mattress. The horror had finally settled down.

   I sat there thinking about earlier events of the night and my dream.

   I should be sleeping right now.

   But my brain was busy thinking about Cihangir.

   Getting out of bed, I made my way towards the reason for my insomnia.

   "Hatun! Where do you think you're going?", a voice startled me.

   I turned to see Fahriye Kalfa.

   "Kalfa, you scared me", I said letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

   "Doesn't answer my question. Where to?", she approached me.

   "To Cihangir", I said before turning to leave -

   Only to be turned back again.

   "Why?", she demanded.

   "Aufff!! Kalfa", I rolled my eyes. "Look I need to talk to him", I said trying to get my arm out of her strong grasp.

   "About?", she insisted on.

   "About how much you bother me", I said taking a deep breathe and stopping my struggle.

   "The truth hatun. The truth.", she demanded.

   This woman.

   I looked down, thinking, should I tell her? She serves Hürrem Sultana, the mother of the guy I think of every time I close my eyes.

   I can trust her.

   "I am confused", I whispered.

   She raised an eyebrow and tightened her grip.

   Seriously?

   I frowned in anger.

   "Let go and I'll tell", I told her.

   She looked at me and finally let go of my arm.

   "Speak", she said.

   "I'm having a problem. Whenever I close my eyes, I see one face. The same face appears in my dreams. My heart tells me to stay with him all day. Whereas, my mind, when I'm not with him, only thinks about him.", I spill everything out.