Chapter 14~

You walked quickly downstairs to get to the front door for a mission, playing with your ring with a straight frown. The others waved you goodbye but you just gave them a small nod before you walked out the door sebastian was holding open for you. You shoved your hands in your pockets and began to hum a small tune, while sebastian walked over to the carriage's door and opened it, while he watched you get in before getting in himself. You really didn't even want to see his face right about now but you'd be doing a lot of that since you were going on this mission, great.

This mission wasn't going to be that hard from what the queen implied it to be, yet still you didn't want to go all that much, but you had no choice. You rested your head in the palm of your right hand as you leaned up against the carriage window from your side. Your half lidded, slightly sleepy eyes scattered around the outside, seeing many trees and small wooden houses pass by. The sweet scent of vanilla coming from inside the carriage almost made you go insane from how amazing it smelt, ofcourse it came from sebastian but you honestly didn't care at thst moment. And that's when the carriage suddenly stopped, you just assumed that you've already met your destination. That was quick... 

As you got out of the door sebastian was holding open, you didn't say or even looked at him, he was really pissing you off from this morning and this stupid mission was already enough for you. As you walked into this small raggedy town, your eyes glanced around to see many people helplessly grabbing onto each other and shaking like they've seen the unspeakable. Why were they acting like this? Worried, you walked up to a pair of the citizens, two middle aged looking women that were on the ground, trembling in fear. You crouched down in front of them with a soft smile that made sure you meant no harm before you collected your words.

"Are you alright ladies?" your head tilted. One of them was still trembling as the other seem to be just a bit calmer than her. Your brows rose and you let out a soft yet deep huff. "What happened here, If you don't mind me asking." You laid your elbows on each knee as you waited patiently for an answer from any one of the women. "...t-there was someone... who came here and threatened us.." one of the women struggled to say. Your tongue poked the inside of your cheek before you averted your eyes away to think. "Ah... do you remember what they look like?" your eyes averted back. There was no answer, they looked to be even more scared when you had asked them about it, though it was understandable. "it's okay, take your time."

"It was a man, he had white hair and purple eyes... h-he looked almost like an angel, but his actions spoke otherwise..." You stayed still and quiet as you thought, the description they gave sounded so familiar to you but you couldn't quite put your finger on why. White hair, purple eyes, looked like an angel... it was at the tip of your tongue. "Master." you heard sebastian call. You swung your head over your shoulder to look up at him only to see his face was serious and unusually pale. You got up and stared him in the eye with her gentle glare before getting pulled aside by him. Sebastian looked more furious than scared, it was frightening.

"They're talking about ash landers, that angel we meet a while back." he uttered. right... You remembered, he was such a pain in your ass when y'all first met so how could you forget? You crossed your arms and let out a heavy sigh underneath your breath, "but why in the world would he do something like this?" "I'm not sure, it could be to get our attention perhaps." sebastian stated as he slowly rubbed the tip of his chin with his index finger. You had to admit that he had a point, but threatening innocent people just to get your attention? He must have a death wish. You nodded a few times to yourself before you crouched down to the women once more. "don't worry, we'll find him... and do much more than threaten him back." you smiled wide.

You placed your hands in your pockets and began to walk away from the two women. You thought to yourself why ash lander would do such a thing, disobeying queen Victoria and all. Maybe the assumption sebastian said was right, but you still had some doubts. As you stopped by many other people to get more information, you spotted someone in the corner of your eye. They looked to be hiding from the rest, looking quite suspicious and up to something. Somehow your body froze and then randomly moved on its own, moving towards the person, but before you knew it, they were gone in a flash. what the..? 

You had no idea what that was but you had a bad feeling about it. In an instant sebastian came walking over to you with a concerned expression all over his face. "Are you alright my lord? what made you storm off like that?" he asked. You didn't answer but kept your head up with your arms crossed. You shrugged your shoulders and averted your eyes away. "Nothing I guess... I thought I saw someone suspicious other here." you mumbled. You shook your head that it was nothing and walked away from sebastian, but you didn't get far when he stepped in front of you. "And are you alright master?" his face turned serious and bent himself down to your level. You looked up at him and tilted your head to a side with a blank stare. "oh no I'm great." you sarcastically smiled. Sebastian straightened his body with a sigh and crossed his arms, he gave you a look that straight up said "i don't believe you". "I said I'm fine sebastian... it's not like you'll remember anyways." you mumbled the last part and strolled away.

You rolled your eyes to yourself as you placed your hands back in your pockets and walked in the opposite direction from sebastian. You wanted to get a little space and fresh air from being in such a crowded small town, while being under both personal and work pressure. As you walked further down a dirt road, you spotted a large wooden bench just a few feet away from you. It was next to a small open green field of grass and tall white flowers that you couldn't quite tell what they were from the distance you were in. You quickly walked over to it and sat down with a heavy sigh of relief before you laid your head back to see the bright blue sky from above. You counted the many clouds that passed by slowly, as you felt the breeze of the air brush against your skin. It was so calming to you, you've never felt this calm and relaxed in so long.

Meow~ You jumped from your seat and immediately looked down at your feet to see that it was only a cat rubbing up against your leg. "oh..." you sighed in relief and chuckled to yourself that it scared you a bit, and extended your hand to it too caressed it. It purred against your hand and it almost made your heart melt. You couldn't understand why, but petting this cat made you calm, it made you feel less stressed than before. "I just need a vacation... just one." you sighed, "and maybe I can bring you, kitty."

"I could clear off your schedule if you really do need that vacation my lady." You froze still, shook by sebastian's voice that crept up from behind you. You quickly turned around to face sebastian but he was already leaning himself over you and saw that you were petting a cat. "Oh? I thought you weren't a cat person, young master." sebastian teased with a smile. You squinted your eyes at him and looked away, and down at the cat as you sarcastically smiled at his words. "I never said I wasn't." Sebastian muffled a giggle under though his fist but it was quite clear for you to hear.

You hated to admit it but hearing his laugh made you realize how much inlove, or how much you fantasized, you'd say, you were with him. As much as you tried to stop the thought, the more you crushed over him again. Why, why can't you just stop thinking about him in this way? Why can't you just tell him, tell him how you feel, what you want to have with him, what you want to do with him...

"Master... Look."

a/n: Heyyy 😀😏 srry for the late update, I needed a month's break in November from all writing too collect my thoughts ab continuing this fanfic and my others, but I'm back. Also srry for the horrible chapter, I fr just came up with this idea off the top of my head cus I'm running out of those so yeah... but n e ways I'll try updating maybe like in a week or so (writing is hard 😄🔪) - kill me