𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈| 𝐌𝐲 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥

"My mom said she's going to take a break from men,"

I close Vanessa's door after she and April had fallen asleep, I made my way down the hall before being snatched up

A gasp leaves my lips before I finally relax after realizing it was just Adonis.

"Don't do that," I mutter to him as he opens his bedroom door. We both enter it and he closes the door behind us.

"I must say," he pauses, before turning around to look at me.

"You handled that perfectly, I was all awkward as if I couldn't comfort my own sister," he mutters. He walks over to me before placin his forehead on mine.

"You comforted me pretty well," I tell him, he smiles a bit before pecking my lips.

"I have to kick Kegan's ass though," he says and I roll my eyes playfully at him.

"Your sister loves him, you'd hurt her doing that," I say.

"But he just left, didn't even say anything about it and I feel so guilty about it, maybe if she had more time to tell him, instead of me blurting i-"

I press my lips against his, in an attempt to stop him from talking any further.

"Don't worry about it," I say, playing with the strands of hair at the back of his head

He gives me a small smile before lifting me onto the bed carefully where he connects our lips after hovering above me.

His lips taste just like strawberries, his usual scent is faint and when he pulls away I immediately miss his lips.

"My mom said she's going to take a break from men," Adonis says and I can tell he's satisfied with that statement.

He nuzzles his head in my neck before speaking once again.

"She also told me that if I let you go one more time she might just disown me and claim you as her own," he jokes.

"She told you that?" I mutter and he nods slowly as I run my fingers through his soft hair.

"Mhm," he hums against my skin, slowly running his fingers down my stomach as he places a kiss on my neck.

"I think I might move back in with my mom since it's only her and Vanessa," he says stopping his actions to look at me.

"That's a good idea," I whisper as his eyes land on mine. Oh, the butterflies he gives me.

"Your parents did such a great job,"

"With what?" I question.

He chuckles lowly, "With my angel," he says. I immediately feel the heat rush to my cheeks not just because he told me I was beautiful but with those two words. My angel.

"You certainly have a way with your words hm?" I say causing him to smile before he pecks my lips.

"Talking about my parents," I pause, wondering if I should tell him about this or not. Fuck it.

"I have a box of my mom's stuff that I'm afraid to open,"

"Why don't you want to open it?" He questions.

"I guess I think it'll hurt," I mumble and I see the curiosity in his eyes before he can say a word.

"You guys were close?" He questions and I nod.

"As close as a sixteen-year-old and her mother could be," I tell him.

"What exactly happened to her," he asks. I resist for a second which doesn't go unnoticed.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it,"

"No it's fine, plus I've been meaning to tell you this," I express and he nods before resting his hand at the side of my head.

"It was a drive-by," I admitted, it hurt to say out loud but it was the truth.

"Did they know who did it?" He questions.

"No, but a year passed and my dad got tired of the media with the case never closing and never having a suspect, or even clue about it, so we moved," I whisper.

"The worse part is the drive-by wasn't meant for her,"

"Who was it for?" He inquired.

"My dad," I say hoping he doesn't ask another question but of course being Adonis he did.

"How do you know that?" probably confused about how I knew so much, but if anything I was just digging myself in a deep hole with each word I say.

I take a while to answer and just as I'm about to, my phone rings, vibrating in my pocket. I take it out of my pocket and answer without even looking at the Caller ID.

"You're going to miss dinner, where are you?" My dad questions.

"I'm at Vanessa's house, I'll be home soon," I mutter.

"That soon better be in ten minutes Isabelle," he says.

"Yes dad, I'll be home in 10 minutes," I mumble causing him to chuckle a bit.

"Good because Lexi is not hesitating to have your share of the cupcakes for dessert," he assures just before hanging up the phone.

"I have to get home for dinner," I say as Adonis gets up from the bed.

"Want me to walk you?" He asks and I nod.

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐧

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

I honestly can't believe we're on chapter forty-two, it's been a long time, and I'm not even finished yet, but I hope you guys liked this chapter, if you did, please comment and vote, it is very appreciated

Ash<3