𝐗𝐋𝐕|𝐈'𝐦 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞

𝐈 𝐒 𝐀 𝐁 𝐄 𝐋 𝐋 𝐄

𝐈 𝐒 𝐀 𝐁 𝐄 𝐋 𝐋 𝐄

"How about Clarke and Claire?" I say.

"Oh God No," Veronica says with a small chuckle at the end.

"Why not, it's cute and matching, kind of," I tell her.

"It's a good thing you're just here for backup," Vanessa chuckles.

"Okay fine how about you give us some," I said. 

"How about Henry or something simple," Veronica says.

"This is the baby of Veronica Ferrero- De Romano and you want something simple," Vanessa asks.

As they talk I look over to Adonis who is sitting next to me slowly rubbing circles on my back, "What about you, do you have any names in mind," I ask and he brings all his attention to me.

"Um, what about Aspen and Hunter," he says.

"Hmm, I actually like that one, fingers," Veronica replies and I immediately swing my head towards her with heat in my cheeks.

She gives me a small laugh and I shake my head.

"Fingers?" he asks with furrowed brows.

"Do not worry about that," I tell him.

Veronica types in Adonis' suggestion to Jaxson.

"What about Ethan," I say.

"No," I immediately hear from both Vanessa and Veronica.

"Damn fine," I say before sitting back onto Adonis' arm, "I just won't say anything," 

Adonis chuckles and kisses me on the side of my head, "Mine counts for both of us," he tells me.

✦──✧✦✧──✦

I lay in Adonis' arms as he slowly rubbed his thumb against my cheek, we didn't talk about anything for a while and I slowly felt myself being to fall asleep until he spoke.

"Didn't you have a box of stuff to open from your mom," he mutters.

"yeah," I say. 

I completely forgot about that, I had been procrastinating about opening that box. I felt as if I were to open that box of the air of old memories itself would bring tears to my eyes.

Lexi had refused to open it with me so I never really thought about opening it again.

"Do you want to do it now?" he asks.

My fingertips begin to feel cold and I'm not sure how I feel about opening the box.

"Do you think I should?" I ask before looking up at him. 

I see that he's already looking down at me, "I feel you should when you feel comfortable," he tells me.

"And when you're ready," he mutters, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

I look away from him and look into my closet where I see the brown box, basically already collecting dust. My mother's belongings don't deserve to be sat in a corner catching dust, she was never that kind of person, she was an outspoken, wild, and outgoing person.

"I wanna open it," I tell him as I look back up toward him.

He nods slightly and I get up to get the box. I walk to my closet and grab the box that has a thin layer of dust and set it in front of my bed on the floor where Adonis sits.

"Are you sure angel?" he asks and I nod.

"I'm ready," I tell him. I open the box and take a deep breath.

The first item on top is a picture, of all four of us, right after we had gotten Ice-cream, I was around nine and that was the first time my mom had let us get ice cream on a weekday.

I smile to hide the tears that want to escape my eyes. "We got ice cream before this day," I tell him as I turn it to show him.

"You guys look so cute," He says.

I place it down on the floor before I take out the next item, her wedding dress.

"Believe it or not, but I was her maid of honor, I was thirteen," I tell him.

"You can do that?" he asks.

I nod," She said it would be extremely special to have her eldest daughter stand next to her and watch as she had the second happiest moment of her life, Lexi and I were her first," I chuckle.

I hug the dress as though I'm hugging her and I can't stop the scent of her from surrounding me, it felt as though she was standing right next to me, ready to tell me it's okay, and that I can cry for her as much as she said never to.

I place it next to the painting before taking the next one out.

Her wedding ring.

This was covered with her blood, completely engulfed in her blood. As hard as I try not to I picture it all over again, the gunshot, her dropping to her knees, and the blood, all of the blood on my hands after I ran to her.

"Izzy," Adonis whispers as he holds my hand. "You okay? You looked scared," 

The tears just come down unexpectedly with no sound, as I look at the ring, he lowers my hand and raises my chin to look at him. "It's okay," he says.

He moves closer to me and pulls me onto his lap as he wraps his arms around me. Finally, I snap out of it and all the pain stings my heart all over again. I cry into his shirt, mumbling stuff I'm sure he doesn't understand. 

"I saw it all over again, I can't Adonis, I just can't," I tell him as I choke on my own words.

He kisses my head and whispers in my ear, "I got you, angel, I'm here,"

"You can take your time," 

I do, I take my time in his arms as the image in my head passes, and I remember I'm in his arms, not there, and that I'm not going to be there again.

"Thank you," I tell him and he smiles before kissing my cheek.

"Of course," he says as I turn around in his lap, he keeps his arms around me and rests his head on my shoulder.

"When you're ready," he says.

✦──✧✦✧──✦

Okay so I know it took me a few months to finish this book but at least I can say I've completed it. When I first started this book I didn't really have a plan and in the end, I still didn't have a plan, although it is my first book, I will say that it turned out okay, as much as I pushed it back. I really do love you guys for all the love and support on the book but we have come to the end of an era and if you liked this book, please let me know. So for the last time on Arcane, I really hope you guys enjoyed it! Don't forget to comment or vote luvs!<3 -Ash