Prompt 5: Eternity

"And these are the last of her things. Your mom dropped them off. She had to leave though." Julienne looked up as her partner Emrys walked in carrying the last box of her grandmother's things.

About a week ago Julienne's mother had called her to inform her of her grandmother's passing. 

Julienne had both been surprised and expecting it. Her grandmother was old, and she knew when she started getting her will all sorted that it meant something. A sign of some sort. Julienne had prepared herself for it, but nothing prepared her for her grandmother leaving everything in her name.

She was from her dad's side, but she didn't expect to inherit everything.

Julienne sat in her chair with the will stating everything had been left to her including her grandmother's old farmhouse along with around 500K in cash.

"Thank you Emrys." Julienne whispered.

"Of course, my love. I'm going to start on dinner. I'll let you sort everything out." Emrys gave her a quick kiss before he left his girlfriend to sort through her things.

Julienne let out a sigh before she got up and went over to the boxes. It'd be best to sort through them now rather than later.

Emrys would be making dinner which gave her some alone time until he finished. It gave her something to do until dinner.

Julienne forced a smile to her face before picking up the box and going to her and Emrys room.

She shut the door behind her and found herself sorting through the last box of her grandmother's things. 

Throughout the week her mother had brought over all the important things from her house besides the furniture. Julienne had decided what to do with the house yet. She considered talking to Emrys about potentially moving in once their one-year rental contract is up on the two bedroom they share.

She had always loved her grandmother's house.

A gorgeous house out in the country with three bedrooms and two baths. To top off the house it sits on five acres of land. Most of it is untouched besides for some area around the house.

A part of her wants to move in and the other part just needed the greenlight from Emrys. Emrys could talk Julienne into anything once he put effort in. The two always try to do things as a couple. It helps their relationship.

Julienne took out some clothes of her grandmothers, a few clay statues she had before her eyes settled on a picture book. Julienne smiled as she took it out and sat down on the bed to look through it.

Two days ago, her mother had brought over her grandmother's cameras. She had a few of them, one of them the old ones that printed the photo along with some newer edition ones. Her grandmother always enjoyed photography.

Julienne smiled as she began going through one of many photo albums. She found herself tracing over numerous photos. Family photos, nature photos, city photos, straight up creative photography, and photos from an older time.

As she reached the last photo Julienne found herself drawn to an old one in hues of gray.

Julienne removed it from the album before pausing as she looked over it.

In the photo stood her grandmother in her late teens' early twenties. For a moment she didn't recognize the man standing next to her holding a book with a smile. 

After studying the photo titled book signing it dawned on her who was in the photo.

There in her hands was a photo of her grandmother next to her partner Emrys.