Chapter 3

Unedited

"You can take a break and we will rehearse once again" said the concerned music director,Yuvan Shankar raja. His songs are often described as drugs by the people ,The drug dealer is trying a new kind of drug with Sivaangi's honey dipped mellifluous voice, which he is pretty sure will be loved by all.

"Huh?" Sivaangi asked quizzically. Her mind has been wandering off late. She can't even concentrate on what she does best,Singing.

"I said,You take a break,if you like, Sivaangi" said the calm man

"Oh,It's fine. I will try once again" she said firmly Though, Her mind still lingering at the word "break".

"That was wonderful,Sivaangi. You have a healing voice" complimented Yuvan, after 4 hours of recotding.

"Thank you so much, sir. It feels surreal to have sung along with you in your composition " Sivaangi replied with sparkling eyes

"Oh Humble woman ah"The old man teased,not knowing the effect it had on the lady.

Sivaangi smiled in response,while her mind pictured a certain someone dressed in yellow sweatshirt on May 8 years back.

******

"Nina,I am home!"Sivaangi called out her house maid, dropping the heavy plastic bags of groceries.
"I have to pick Sitar-"Leaving the sentence unfinished as the sight Infront of her has left her baffled.

Seated on her drawing room,was Ashwin thinking deeply of various possible answers to solve the puzzles from the newspaper he held.

Her Sitara was perched on the table,with her doe eyes wide and focussed and her fingers tightly gripping the sharpened pencil in her small hand,to help her dad solve the puzzle,not even understanding the questions.

Sivaangi was left ashtonished,For just day before yesterday Ashwin had a Daddy's Day with her. If the sky isn't turning grey,then he should be back only next month according to their decision.

It has be quite difficult for both the mother and daughter to come out of the trance of his visit days back,He made the stone walled house feel home. Taara can't help but wail and blabber asking for her dad. It took every atom of energy for Sivaangi to put the girl to sleep and take care of her.Sitara craved for Ashwin's warmth and attention, Being A daddy's girl herself, Sivaangi's heart pacified her daughter's aching heart.
She deserves neither the pain nor the agony.

Sivaangi has been thinking,thinking and thinking of ways to help her daughter fill up the voids,Ashwin leaves in her heart. Sivaangi's mind has been in chaos for the past days,She could think of nothing except her daughter and her well being. She was distracted in her work,lost focussed while driving,had been absent minded while shopping for groceries that she even forgot to pick up Sitara from the playcare.

Sivaangi coughed to get the attention of the two most important people in her life.Like the first slice of every loaf of bread,She was ignored by the adorable duo.

"Taara"? Sivaangi called out,Only to be responded with a Hmmfph.

Having no other option, Sivaangi called out to Ashwin.

"Sollu ma" He responded back almost immediately turning his entire focus on to the petite exhausted looking woman.

"Illa..."

"Enna illa.."

"Athu.."

"Yethu?.."He challenged her

"Taara va eppo pick up panreenga?"

"Playcare la irunthu call pannanga,seems they had some renovation work,So they decided to leave the kids early"He replied back