Chapter 5

(Unedited)

"Ammmmmaaaaa" came an energetic voice from the ivory coloured crib.

Sitara was wide awake after having her undisturbed refreshing nap, She was struggling to get out of her crib and announce the world she was full on energy. The attention deprived kid, with her chocolate brown orbs wide, drools dripping over her ruby lips, her fisted palms rising up and down, her eyebrows furrowed ; She demanded her Mom to do the needful.

Rushing to the crib, scooping the little sunflower into her arms, Sivaangi kissed her daughter's chubby cheek and greeted the Little princess , the pissed off baby scowled at her mother and turned her head the other side.

It was a pleasant evening, with the sky colouring herself in the hues of orange and lilac, The moon slowly but steadily showering her moonlight , The street food sellers are buzzed with overflowing customers ,The raspy music of horns and beeps of the vehicles echoing the air, People were celebrating their weekend except for a certain household.

Sivaangi has turned her whole well - maintained house into a chaos. She had been running on her heels since the late afternoon. Packing and packing to catch her flight tomorrow.

Chuckling at her daughter's antics, Sivaangi apologized to the little demon and pointed her their chaotic room,scattered with clothes, toiletries, accessories and more clothes..

"Wooo..." exclaimed Taara in awe. She loves exploring their wardrobe. The colours, the intricate designs and most importantly the beads and sequins of the clothes enthralled the dwarf human.

"Maa,Who-who?" asked her

"Come on. Princess! Let's play who-who , pack up the clothes soon, because we will go see the sky tomorrow" Sivaangi pecked her little sunshine and placed her safely on their mattress.

Who-who is the game invented by the duo ,often played during their wardrobe cleaning mission. The game simply consists of Taara pointing to a particular dress and Sivaangi had to recount a tale behind the dress, like who bought it, any special memory behind it etc. It helped both the mother and daughter to bond and teach the value of a bond and how to cherish even the tiniest moment in our life to Taara.

Taara pointed to her favourite white cotton knee length gown with purple polka dots.

Sivaangi swallowed her chuckle and recounted the tale for the nth time.

"Appa and Amma went shopping to buy a comfortable yet beautiful dress for Taara for Vinu mama's Birthday party. We both couldn't find any beautiful dress. Amma was so exhausted but Appa somehow searched the entire shop down and found this beautiful dress. The dress was so beautiful that even Amma wanted the same kind of dress so that Amma and Taara would be wearing matching matching but we couldn't get it. Appa promised Amma to get it somehow for Amma on special day. The dress had Amma and Appa's Favourite colours; purple and white together and we asked Anu aunty to sew 'AS' in your chest in gold, so that everyone would know; you are Amma and Appa's asset."

It is been six months since the incident,something which is still fresh on her mind.Sadly, it happened to be The last memory they had created happily together.

Sighing and swallowing her tears, Sivaangi said," Amma's turn", Pointing to Taara's royal blue puffed princess gown.

"Arshuuuu Athaiiii" Taara sang gleefully

Arshitha Lakshmikanthan, 39 year old well established chef in recent times. She had been a recent sensation in the world of cuisines and culinary. Her novelle dishes and drool worthy sugar delicacies left the people wanting more and more. Arshitha was a normal home maker till her late 20s , Not only Ashwin Kumar had praised his sister's skills, he had also planted in her , A seed of following her passion, He had awakened her long lost dreams that she had pushed to the back of her mind due to her family pressures.